Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

assigning channels to switch

Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Rick Mc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assigning channels to switch

How do I assign channel 6 to a switch on a JR 9303 transmitter?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Well you may not be able to do so. It depends to some extent on what other channels you are using for a particular model whether or not that channel might be availble and even then if it is, you may not be able to assign it to the switch you'd like as JR isn't really known for switch assignment ability until you get into the newer, bigger radios.

It would help if you can post your setup and what you want to do with the change so guys can offer some ideas?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Mc
How do I assign channel 6 to a switch on a JR 9303 transmitter?
Which programming mode are you using and what switch do you want to assign to channel six? Without resorting to contorted programming you are normally limited to the switches found in the DeviceSEL under the channel.

Allan
Old 04-27-2014, 11:57 PM
oldtimer4759

hi,
here is another question for you, I have a JR 9303 Tx, I would like to set it up so I can use the Spring loaded Trainer Switch to opperate a receiver controlled On / Off switch, this thing, https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=43894
to then opperate simulated cannons.
thanks, Oldtimer.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This will work with any auxiliary channel but I suggest you use AUX4. In the DeviceSEL, set the OUT of AUX4 to INH. Then in a program (#3 -#5), mix BUTN -> AUX4. Leave the Offset set to zero, the select switches on the bottom to POS0, and the THRO STK as INH. Set both the upper and lower Pos0 rates to +100%.

The output of AUX4 will now toggle between -100% and +100%. The range can be changed either by using different POS0 rates or by changing AUX4's limits in the TRVL ADJ menu.

If you want the button switch to be momentary, like a snap roll switch that is on only while you hold it down, this requires different programming. In the DevicSEL, set AUX4 device to BUTN and its OUT to ACT. You can now use the receiver's AUX4 output for the electronic switch.

The 9303 doesn't have a motor cutoff in the ACRO cinfiguration. If AUX4 is now mixed into the throttle, it will give drive the throttle to idle or below as long as you hold the button. You have to be careful in setting up the throttle servo when using this. This works great for IC engines but don't use it on electric motors.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 04-28-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 PM
oldtimer4759

hello Allan,
thanks for that, NEVER would have worked that one out, will let you know how it goes.
Oldtimer.