Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Which Spektrum Receiver for 50CC Cap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:52 AM
guitardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Spektrum Receiver for 50CC Cap?

Hello everyone. Well I'm finally getting to put together my first Gas powered aircraft, its a Great Planes Cap and I just purchased a DLE-55 for it. However, I'm a little unsure of which receiver I should use for it. I'm guessing that either the "AR6210 with satellite" or the "AR-610" (no satellite) would work? Just not sure if I really need the satellite receiver, but I have heard that you need to use them for "Gas Powered" aircraft due to the electronic ignition.

Any help and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Old 06-28-2014, 11:38 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I suggest you use one with a remote receiver because it would be very easy for it to be hidden behind the large engine. If the rx can't see the tx, it can't hear it either.

I'm pretty conservative in my radio setups. If it were my 50cc model it would be getting an AR9020 in it, just to make sure I had all the angles covered.

Andy