Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Problem upgrading firmware on JR XG8

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 05:30 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem upgrading firmware on JR XG8

When holding the fnc key and turning on the Xmit... I don't get the upgrade screen.

I've followed the JR video instructions to the letter (I think).

There might be one possible issue. The video says to copy the upgrade file to JR directory that was created by the Copy model screen routine. Another video that I watched for upgrading the firmware to the JR llX, said to place the upgrade file in a JR/upver directory. If that were the case, I should have copied the upver directory and its subdirectories from the upgrade zip file to the JR directory on the SD card.

Any thoughts or insights?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok.. the problems are solved. Was correct that either the JR video steered me wrong or I didn't understand the instruction. Thought the instruction said to copy the firmware update file to the JR directory on the SD card that had been created when saving model memories. That did not work. What did work was to copy the upver directory (with its subdirectory with file) from the computer to the JR directory on the SD card.

The upgrade then went fine.

Had some problem with model 1... as a heli model existed there after the upgrade Thought that I'd read that a model space had to be vacant before copying to it and I could not get it vacant. finally tried copying over it and was successful.

Very happy to discover that bindings remained intact. Thought I'd read that a copied model required re-binding.

All now seems well.

Last edited by AA5BY; 08-23-2014 at 09:12 AM.