Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Satellite loses it's bind

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:58 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Satellite loses it's bind

the satellite binds first, then the Spectrum 7000 Rx gets a solid bind, everything works. Then 30 or so seconds later the satellite starts blinking......is it safe to fly? All servos work as desired -on the bench....... I'm talking 30cc sized airplane.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tailskid
the satellite binds first, then the Spectrum 7000 Rx gets a solid bind, everything works. Then 30 or so seconds later the satellite starts blinking......is it safe to fly? All servos work as desired -on the bench....... I'm talking 30cc sized airplane.
My first answer would be NO, don't fly as something is not right and needs to be sorted out.

Digging a little deeper, the AR7000 receiver is DSM2 only I believe, is the satellite the one that came with this receiver? The orange blinking light on the Sat might indicate it lost power momentarily and the flashing is the brownout indication, perhaps a loose wire between sat and main rx?
Old 10-06-2014, 08:36 PM
tailskid

Yep, the satellite is the one that came with the Rx. I wiggled the the wires after it was flashing and the rate didn't change. I've never seen the the sat. Bind first, usually it takes longer for the sat to bind.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:21 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The rate won't change - it's telling you it lost power momentarily.

I would replace the cable between them. And when you put it back, strain-relief it an inch or two away from each end so that the wire isn't getting worn out by vibration.

Andy
Old 10-07-2014, 10:00 PM
tailskid

Thank you Andy.....I'll try to replace the cable.