Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Metal JR's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 AM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal JR's

Do any of the current JR radios have a metal chassis like the 12X?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 AM
yorkiepap
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey DC,
No....the 12X was the last to have the total magnesium/alum./alloy metal case. I have several JR10X's I use & are the same as the 12X except the 10X has the touchscreen. If the 12X had the touchscreen, I'd have one as I find it to be superb & easiest with inputting data. The first time I put my hands on the 10X, I knew it was the radio for me. The 10X has never failed me & has every programming feature I will ever need as I'm just a simple flyer & have no interest in helis or quads so no need for that programming. The 10X also had a separate heli unit. Since I fly with both 72Mhx & 2.4Ghz, the module based Tx works superb. They're built like a bank vault with quality Japanese components & attention to detail. The new 28X has an inner metal frame from what I've read & a plastic/composite cover, so it is nothing like the 12X. I believe your 12X, like my 10X's, will be the last all-metal units that will be produced with that type of case.

Denny