Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XG 14: puprose of throttle limiter blocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:05 AM
macboss
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XG 14: puprose of throttle limiter blocks

What is the purpose of using throttle limiter blocks? I see JR as several options on limits from 5 to 15 degrees reduction.

I bought a used radio from a heli guy and the blocks are removed.

I fly Mode 1, airplane, so will it benefit me to use blocks?

I did run the stick calibration funciton after I converted the radio from Mode 2 to Mode 1.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:43 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

It is designed as a comfort thing, if you have a plane where you are commonly flying at one or both of the throttle extremes, then you may not feel comfortable with your thumb all the way forward, especially when moving the rudder (mode 2) stick towards the center of the radio. My father and I each have a xg14 radio, and his hands are a little smaller than mine. By adding the limiter blocks, he is more comfortable at the extremes, and he prefers his sticks a little shorter too. Just one more way to fine tune the fit to you hands. I do not use the blocks on my radio. Jr always seems to have very nice feeling boxes. This goes all the way back to the early '90s with the x-347. After being used to futaba boxes, holding the 347 the first time made that radio a "gotta have". Also with the 14, if you look at the radio from the bottom, you will notice the sticks are positioned slightly toed out, and the radio feels better for it. Moving up from the 10X, I also like how your hands wrap around the back of the case, and another pattern flyer that I fly with commented as well how good the radio felt in his hands.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:50 AM
macboss

Brian, thanks for comment. It makes sense to me and I have the blocks on my current radios so will just enjoy the great radios. Have them cause I fly mode 1 and ususlly just buy a mode 2 radio and convert it over. All radios I did this on had the blocks installed as new from the vendor.

Ed
Old 01-29-2016, 06:41 PM
baronbrian

An added note on using the limiter blocks that we found out the hard way when installing the blocks on my fathers xg14. If you choose to install them, be sure to go into the menu first and deactivate the high throttle stick warning before you start. then, once you recalibrate the sticks after installing the blocks, you can go back in the menu and re activate the alarm.
If you don't do this first, the block will prevent the stick from going back far enough to silence the alarm when you power up, and the radio will not let you into the menu or stop beeping once it is turned on. you will have to turn the radio off, re open the radio and remove the block to allow the stick back far enough to disable the alarm, then repeat the process over again.
Brian
Old 01-29-2016, 06:59 PM
macboss

Brian,

Not sure why but I did not have this issue. The throttle high alarm at turn-on does work properly.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:09 PM
baronbrian

If your blocks were pre installed i am sure the sticks were calibrated at the factory with them in. I received a PM about this topic yesterday, and It reminded me of the process we went through. Both my Father and my XG14s are working perfectly. Love Love Love the silky sticks and using Xbus in the wing of my new bird too.