JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jR 12x Single Switch for dual rates?

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM
teamatlantic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jR 12x Single Switch for dual rates?

Can any one assist in helping me assign a single switch for dual rates for aileron/elevator/rudder? I have been successful at assigning a switch but cannot get the aileron/elevator/rudder to match the switch,they do however continue to function on there respective switches. This is ok but I need single switch for IMAC competition. Thanks
Old 02-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A couple of thoughts; first get rid of the dual rates idea. Use Flight Modes instead. IIRC the 12X has five but I only use three. Setup what ever you want controlled by one switch. One thing to be aware of is that with the 12X programming, you'll need to inhibit the normal function of that channel to match something up. Also, not all mixes are available to be assigned to any switch. It isn't a Futaba, so make sure whatever setup you are trying to accomplish, that the switch you want is available.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:38 AM
teamatlantic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe I have been able to set up AUX2 switch next to aile D/R switch. On my screen it shows (FMO-0) and when i operate the switch it will change from 0 to 1 to 2 position. However I am unable to get my flight surfaces to change there setting. If I hit there respective switches they will change there settings. How do I accomplish getting those settings to AUX2 switch? I have tried various programming features from the book,but I seem to be missing something. My instructor who is helping me set up my IMAC plane is flying FUTABA. If there is a certain page in the manual that I must read please point it out for me,thanks. Is there parameters that I must accomplish during initial set up and will I have to start over with reprogramming my Plane? I am using a Power box which makes certain programming features a liitle harder,but I dont think it should cause me problems for this set up. I hope. Thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Zeeb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not sure I'm up for a step by step setup response but as I said; quit using the dual rates and go to the Flight Modes. In the Flight Modes setup you select which channels you want to do what when positions 0, 1 or 2 are activated.

Remember that with JR programming, you cannot select any switch for any function nor can you change a channel or switch assignment without first disabling it's normal function/switch. The 12X is much more user friendly in that regard but it's still a JR radio and your Futaba flying instructor will be of no assistance unless he's got a good grasp of what he/you want to do and is willing to shift gears about how to accomplish the task. JR is actually more user friendly than Futaba but it is different.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:34 AM
teamatlantic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm not sure I'm up for a step by step setup response but as I said; quit using the dual rates and go to the Flight Modes. In the Flight Modes setup you select which channels you want to do what when positions 0, 1 or 2 are activated.

Remember that with JR programming, you cannot select any switch for any function nor can you change a channel or switch assignment without first disabling it's normal function/switch. The 12X is much more user friendly in that regard but it's still a JR radio and your Futaba flying instructor will be of no assistance unless he's got a good grasp of what he/you want to do and is willing to shift gears about how to accomplish the task. JR is actually more user friendly than Futaba but it is different.

Zeeb,
I must have posted this question in 2 different places by mistake. If you go to Radio,Transmitter section of this site you will see that I already received an answer that worked yesterday. Thanks for your help but problem is solved.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Zeeb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by teamatlantic View Post

Zeeb,
I must have posted this question in 2 different places by mistake. If you go to Radio,Transmitter section of this site you will see that I already received an answer that worked yesterday. Thanks for your help but problem is solved.
I saw that other response, it's just been too long since I really played with my 12X so I'd have to go dig it out to find the exact procedure. Glad you got it doing what you want but may I suggest something else you might want to consider doing?

Once you get something working the way you want, back it up to an empty model slot then don't be afraid to play with the radio as there's no way everything it can do could be included in a manual. If you screw up, you have a backup. I learned this lesson the hard way with a Futaba 9Z WCII and have done it every since with every radio I've since used.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:53 AM
teamatlantic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks I will do.

Take Care