JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Bind the Spektrum AR7610 rx to the JR X9303 tx

Old 05-08-2016, 11:07 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Bind the Spektrum AR7610 rx to the JR X9303 tx

This is a long read, and may be old news. I have the original X9303 - 2.4 tx, with the original 9010 red case 9 chl rx. Plus original 7000 2.4 receivers. Never a problem, always good. I also have the DX18, with 9020 rx, no issues, all good. That original 9010 and the 7000's have been bulletproof since 2009.

I just purchased the Spektrum AR7610 and AR8000 - 2.4 receivers.
I am trying to bind the 7610 to the 9303 tx. Everything is right, no metal around, turning on the tx at least 8 ft. away, tx and rx batterys fully charged. This plane, using 7 channels, dual elevators, ailerons, rudder, throttle.
It binds, except it is taking 20-30 seconds, sometime, 4 seconds, and sometime, not at all.
I have had the tx back to Horizon for checkup, last time about 4 months ago, and always excellent service from those guys in the past. It is in excellent condition, and has never failed in 8 years.

Should I just put one of the old AR7000 rx's in, and forget about it, or use the new DX18 Spektrum tx, and move on ? I am doing everything right, I am sure. If missing something, I can use the help.
================================================== ================================================== =====================================
Andy - I just went back to the shop, ran the bind, OK. Turning on and off without binding, perfect, binding in 2 or 3 seconds. After 7 on and off's, binds took 15 seconds - 25 seconds, then 2 to 3 seconds. Last time, 20 seconds.
Over all, binding right now good, except I am gun shy with the different bind times. Here is the remote rx info: SPM 9645 RX info: Spektrum AR 7610X (2048 under the X) 2.4 GHZ DSM Tech - High speed. The remote extension is a new out of package 9". There is no Chinese knock-offs in my shop.
Transmitter: DSM2 with Spektrum DSM Technology X9303 - 2.4 A/S

Thanks,
Vince

Last edited by crankpin; 05-08-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think that since the DSM2 format requires that the tx find two clear channels and then link with the rx, things take longer. This is not true of the DSMX systems, they bind slower (in my experience) and link almost instantly when both the tx and rx are DSMX.

While an initial bind in DSM2 stuff was pretty quick, it takes longer for a DSMX bind to be established. There are also a few conditions that need to be met like not being too close to the rx with the tx.

That said; I will guess that part of your problem is that the rx is designed to run DSMX but will also run DSM2. Perhaps the extra time/issues are due to the rx having to "shift gears" to the DSM2 RF mode?

You may want to consider letting Horizon do the DSMX upgrade on your tx. It costs $75.00 plus one way shipping. I had my JR 12X converted and it runs both types of rx's quite flawlessly. Of course it will no longer run an AR6000 DSM rx, but who cares?????
Old 05-08-2016, 03:02 PM
crankpin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Zeeb. I have been out of touch for some years, just getting back. No problem with the upgrade of the tx, I did not know about that. I did buy the DX18 to dedicate to larger gas planes. Now I think I will just run the older 7000 receiver with the X9303, the others I have are working great, and they do bind fast along with the old red case 9021. I have the new 8000 Spektrum receiver also. I have no time now to send the tx in, going to try senior pattern again, Knoxville in two weeks.
Thanks very much, I will work it out, now I know what is going on. I have had great service from Horizon thru the years.

Zeeb. In this situation, when it does bind, without the tx upgrade, is is safe to fly ?
Vince

Last edited by crankpin; 05-08-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by crankpin View Post

Zeeb. In this situation, when it does bind, without the tx upgrade, is is safe to fly ?
Vince
Sure, just do the customary range checks with the engine stopped and running.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:00 AM
crankpin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Zeeb - Thanks for the updates. I am good to go.

Vince