Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

powersafe ar12120

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:10 PM
or170b
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powersafe ar12120

I just purchased this receiver and did my first flights today. Aircraft is a 50cc sbach with futaba s9155 servos and two new spectrum 2700mh receiver packs. also the da50 ignition is routed through the receiver. After two ten minute flights I was showing a alarming amount of battery loss servos were gitting jittery and my volt watch was dropping into the red when three servos were used at once. so am I using to small of battery packs? do I need to put the ignition on its own battery? I had thought that two 2700mh packs would be plenty for four flights.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:20 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Several possibilities not the least of which is the fact that I do not like NiMH cell packs for rx's with digital servos and especially ignitions.

They don't output much in the way of continuous amperage let alone burst for the ignition. Second, what type of charger are you using and how fast/rate are you charging? These batteries are notorious for false peaking if charged too rapidly and there is a service bulletin on Horizon's website about this problem.

So we need some more specifics on your setup/charge routine.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:18 PM
or170b
My Feedback: (3)

i am using a accucycle elite programed at 2700 mh 5 cell and chaging at .95 I charged these packs 3 times wile I was setting up the radio and programs. the batteries took a good charge as the charger showed over 1200mh went into each pack.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:48 PM
BigBirdFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default Nimh

After losing an airplane to NIMH batteries not being able to handle the power draw. I switched to LiFe 3.2v batteries. They are less weight than a five cell NIMH battery. Most servos exspecially digital can handle the 6V batteries. They have a much slower draw down and longer power band. They can handle heavy spikes without losing their power. And last but not least I would always use a separate battery for my ignition and an optic Killswitch. If your ignition can handle 6+ Volts I would use a LiFe battery for that too. If not I have had success with Enloop NIMH 4.8v batteries for ignitions.