Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Telemetry Altitude and Speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Mad Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemetry Altitude and Speed

I wanted to see just how high 400 feet is so I used, for the first time, the Spektrum telemetry system consisting of theAR8000 receive, theTM1000 module and the GPS sensor. Which brings up some questions and thus this thread.

There are 7 telemetry displays on my DX8 transmitter. The second display is the Flight Log. What are the meanings of the A, B, L and R lines?

The 4th display shows Altitude and Speed. However, nothing shows up while flying but Altitude and Speed do show on the 7th GPS display. In other words, one display has Altitude and Speed while concurrently another display does not. Any thoughts as to why this is so?
Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Mad Max
There are 7 telemetry displays on my DX8 transmitter. The second display is the Flight Log. What are the meanings of the A, B, L and R lines?
Flight Log data. They tell you how well each antenna/remote is doing. Check out the manual here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-flight-log-spm9540

The 4th display shows Altitude and Speed. However, nothing shows up while flying but Altitude and Speed do show on the 7th GPS display. In other words, one display has Altitude and Speed while concurrently another display does not. Any thoughts as to why this is so?
Altitude and Speed are based on the Altimeter sensor and Airspeed sensor. If you do not have those sensors installed, you will see no data.

The GPS display of altitude and speed is GPS Altitude (which can be error-prone) and GPS Speed (which is GROUND speed, not airspeed).

Andy
Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 AM
Mad Mad Max

Thanks Andy! Great information and now need to order the altimeter sensor!

Rick
Old 06-10-2016, 10:03 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The Altimeter sensor was discontinued. Get the Vario sensor now.

Andy
Old 06-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Mad Mad Max

That sure enplanes why I didn't find it on the HH site, thanks again Andy.

Rick