JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

issues with 12X and rudder ch .

Old 06-12-2016, 02:34 PM
planenutzz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default issues with 12X and rudder ch .

Hoping the JR experts can assist me here.

I have a model which had a bit of grief about 2 years ago. Model was rebuilt and in the interim the JR 9ch DSM2 Rx went into another model which flew with no isuees.

The Transmitter is a JR 12X which was modified by the Australian distributors to DSMX.

I have bought DSMX rx to go in my other model and put the original 9ch JR DSM2 Rx back in the repaired model.

Bound it to the original model setting in the 12X ok.

However . . . . rudder servo is going full travel when Rx is switched on. The rudder servo is a 1/4 scale Hitec analog. Not sure of the model.

Here are the scenarios:

1. TX & Rx off. Bind plug is in Rx bind port, switch Tx on while holding bind button in, red light on. Turn Rx switch on light flashes then remains solid. But at Rx switch on the rudder servo goes full travel then centres, which pops the rudder cable off as it cna not defect that far. Remove bind plug and switch off but leave Tx on. Rx back on but rudder does not go full travel.

2. Tx off, Rx has bind plug inserted into bind port. Rx on. light flashing. While holding bind button in Tx is swiched on, red light comes on. Rx light locks solid and binding is completed but again rudder servo goes full travel then centres. all other channels work normally. Remove bind plug, switch RX off but leave tx on.. Switch Rx back on while tx is already on. Rudder does not go to full travel.

I am going to connect a couple of diffferent servos to check it is not servo related.

It never did this before so I am a bit stumped and can only think it is someting to do with failsafe. How do I correct this?

thanks in advance
PN
Old 06-13-2016, 09:08 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You're 'gonna have to ditch the analog servo. This is an issue having to do with the tx/rx deciding if they're going to run a 1024 resolution or 2048. Hitecs are the worst at displaying this behavior.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:20 PM
planenutzz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it is nothing to do with the servo. It worked perfectly fine beforehand with same TX, RX and Servo!

It does it on a range of different servos.

Was in fact caused by the gyro I had slaved to rudder. Removed the gyro and disabled the gyro function in the SYSTEM screen under DEVICE.

Gyro even though it was working must have been damaged in the crash.