JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

More Spektrum AR9350 Ques.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:18 AM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0296805,-104.8142156,17z
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default More Spektrum AR9350 Ques.

OK, I did try to find the answers in both the Spektrum documentation and a search of this forum but came up empty. Can someone help with the following questions?
1. Which of the rcvr's 3-pin accessory ports can I plug the 2 satellite rcvrs into? None on the rcvr case are labeled for that purpose.
2. Can I successfully bind this rcvr to my JR 2.4GHz DSM12X and retain the mixing options of the 12X?
3. In order for the AS3X Rcvr Programming App to function, does the rcvr have to be powered up and interfaced to a corresponding transmitter?
Thanks for any clues!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:04 AM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by 1Eye View Post
OK, I did try to find the answers in both the Spektrum documentation and a search of this forum but came up empty. Can someone help with the following questions?
1. Which of the rcvr's 3-pin accessory ports can I plug the 2 satellite rcvrs into? None on the rcvr case are labeled for that purpose.
The remote receiver ports are always labeled A, B, R, and L. In the AR9350, A is internal. The ports B and L are found on the label.

Can I successfully bind this rcvr to my JR 2.4GHz DSM12X and retain the mixing options of the 12X?
Yes and no. Yes, you can bind it, but not all mixing can be done in the 12X. For example, you need to have the 12X configured to only generate 1 aileron, 1 elevator, and 1 rudder. Then in the receiver app, you tell it how to split them out if you want 2 ailerons, for instance. Flap/elevator or flap/aileron mixes need to be done in the receiver too. Basically, follow the AR636 guides for what you need to do mixing-wise in the rx vs. tx.

In the AR7350 and AR9350, you need to program rates and expo in the transmitter. This is different than in the AR636.

In order for the AS3X Rcvr Programming App to function, does the rcvr have to be powered up and interfaced to a corresponding transmitter?
Thanks for any clues!
No, but it certainly helps configuration. Note that when you do this, the L remote receiver will not be working. The port is shared with the DATA connection. You will need to disconnect the PC and power cycle the rx before flying.

If you're looking for more help on the receiver, we have a huge thread on RCG about it. 6600 posts and climbing.

Andy
Old 08-29-2016, 01:49 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0296805,-104.8142156,17z
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for the help, Andy. With respect to the RCG thread you mentioned, I tagged . But I believe my (new) receiver ist kaput: won't power up at all. I've sent a request to Spektrum HQ asking for a return authorization. Meanwhile, I'll dig through the thread mentioned.