Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

No response from Spektrum

Old 11-10-2016, 04:18 PM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No response from Spektrum

Hi all. I bought a H9 Taylorcraft and Dx9 (with AR9020 and 2 satellites) last Jan or so and also added the Tm1000 and am using a Spektrum 2s 3000 life batt. I had it programmed and setup to fly but got sick so it sat for 8 months without me touching it- I am trying to get it going for tomorrow. After I charged up the battery (it was only a little low btw but now has 6.7v) I get the power light on the tm1000 but no response. So 2 questions please:

Is it possible to have lost the bind without doing nothing but let it sit?

Can you please tell me the steps to bind all of my equipment? (Do I bind Rx first, then tm1000, or both at the same time? I can't recall how I did it and am very confused. Thanks and sorry for long post.

(Just found in manual-radio won't show dsmx if not bound but my radio does show dsmx on the screen)

Last edited by stevens4x; 11-10-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:04 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

No, they will not unbind just sitting there.

To bind your system together, you need to put the TM1000 and receiver into bind at the same time. The easy way to do this is to use a servo Y lead between the TM1000 and receiver, and put a bind plug in the spare port of the Y. Then power up as normal. You need to see fast blinking on the receiver, all its remote receivers, and the TM1000.

Then you put the transmitter into bind. You will see all the aircraft side pause blinking, blink slowly, and then go on solid.

The DSMX tells you how the transmitter was last bound. That doesn't mean it was last bound to this receiver.

Andy
Old 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM
stevens4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thank you Andy. Just to see if things worked I bound the 1000 last night and everything seemed to work fine. But I'll go back and add in the Rx as you mentioned and make sure failsafes are correct too. ...this was an upgrade for me from a very old FM JR. Appreciate your help.