Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Newbie help JR XG11

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 02:20 PM
jigeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie help JR XG11

OK. I now realize I have a 11x transmitter instead of a 12X (dumb I know)
So... Since there is little info on the 11X, I managed to successfully upgrade the software with the SD card to the XG11 upgrade. No issues there. .
I managed to get the models named (acro) and in the system.
I cannot figure out how to slave the right elevator half to the left elevator half.
The left elevator half works as it should. ELEV channel 3.
The right elevator half goes full up. It is on AUX 4 channel 9.
Cannot figure out how to use the ELEV channel to be the master and the aux 4 channel to be the slave.
R921 reciever

Last edited by jigeye; 12-27-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:03 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This applies to every JR transmitter since the 9303/PCM9II. When you have dual flight surfaces, do not use program mixes. Instead use the functions in the WING TYPE menu. If it is ailerons, then you’ll most likely can use the WING type to couple them. For dual rudders, elevators, flaps, and occasionally ailerons, use the Dual mate on the lower half of the screen.

The Dual mating is really just a simplified program mix that is more powerful than the program mixes. Program mixes often will not carry all the master channel attributes over to the slave channel. Dual mating will.

So inhibit any program mixes of elevator to AUX4. In the WING TYPE DUAL, highlight the INH under ELEV and select AUX4.
BTW, if the manual that you called a nightmare was the one that came with the 11X, as an instructional document it is lacking. As you upgraded the software to version two, the manual for the XG11 is more informative.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 12-27-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:18 PM
jigeye

OK thanks Allan. Will try tomorrow. That is why I upgraded as much more support for xg. Will let u know
Old 12-29-2016, 11:09 AM
jigeye

Making significant progress now with the XG11 background info. I do have another issue though when setting up dual elevators. Status:
All geometry correct. All sub trims at 0 with geometry and no sub trim needed. I have also included a photo of limit adjustments, travel adjustments, and DR/EXPO for dual elevators.
R ELEV mated to AUX 4

With the elevator switch position set to 2 (highest rate), both elev halves are correctly placed. all good so far
The issue is when I set up the position 0 (lowest rate) and position 1 (medium rate) the R elevator (facing from tail to prop) does not increase to the same deflection as the L elevator.
Happens with both 0 and 1 positions.
I am stumped as the position 2 sets up correctly, therefore, I assumed that setting position 0 and 1 would not reduce the elevator travel of the R elevator, but it does in both these P0/P1 switch positions.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:41 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recall reading of another person having the same problem; but, I don’t recall the thread or forum. The only thing I remember had something to do with setting the elevators to have the same deflection when using the maximum rate. You have already done this.

I would first try to locate the source of the problem, whether it is with the transmitter programming, differences in the elevator servos or possibly the geometry of the elevator linkages. Use the MONITOR menu to see if the problem is with the transmitter or its programming. I’ve yet to experience an instance where the MONITOR didn’t truly reflect what was going on with the transmitter.

With the elevator stick at neutral, do the RELE and LELE pips move as you change the elevator rates? They shouldn’t. Next pull back on the stick and change the rates. The RELE and LELE pips should be equal distance from the center. Try it with the stick pushed forward.

If everything checks out, the problem most likely is with the aircraft. Either the elevator servos are not moving the same or there is a difference in the linkage geometry. Let me know what your MONITOR shows. If the problem is not in the transmitter, uneven deflection can be mitigated by the BALANCE menu.

Allan
Old 01-01-2017, 01:05 PM
jigeye

Geometry/linkage good. Checked BALANCE. Both servos are Hitec 5645.
Conclusion: One of the HITEC (Left) 5645 has been programmed and I do not have a HT programmer. Going to hobby shop tomorrow to get another 5645. That should do the trick.
Note: Also checked SERVO SPEED to make sure something wasn't amiss there.
Will let you know after I get another servo replaced tomorrow if this fixes it.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:03 PM
jigeye

I have concluded I am too dumb to figure this out. I have wasted countless hours and need to move on to a hobby that I can feel good about. Cancelling membership today.