Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 12X Nightmare Programming: Looking for alternative

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 04:32 PM
jigeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 12X Nightmare Programming: Looking for alternative

I made the big mistake of buying a used JR 12X and R921 Receiver for a 50CC GP Reactor (dual ailerons). The manual is worthless and it is difficult/impossible to program reading the poorly written manual. There airplane is a basic setup with dual elevator halves and 2 ail servos per wing. Nothing fancy.
Since I have made this mistake, I would like to see what others have experienced with ease of use from another manufacturer for simple things like switch assignment and dual elevator/aileron setups.
I am looking for a transmitter that has manual information that makes sense and fairly straightforward to figure out reading the manual. The aircraft is setup up with all nine channels.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-26-2016, 09:48 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 12X came with three instructional items: a quick start guide, an application guide and an instruction/programming manual. Perhaps you are missing one or two of these. Programming for this transmitter has a logical flow. It allows a certain amount of choice but in some areas you have to abide by the options mandated by the transmitter.

The programming is far from being a nightmare. To set up the basic program for an aircraft having dual aileron and elevator servos on the 12X should take less than 1.25 minutes. No manual will answer all your questions. The 12X programming is an elaboration of the programming used on the 9303, which has been around for some time. A number of people are familiar with it. If you have questions, post them on the forum.

Allan
Old 12-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well I'll give you a hint into JR programming; first thing is to do a reset on the proposed model slot, after selecting the model type, inhibit all the channels above #5. Some switches/mixes are only available with certain mix numbers or channel assignments.

When setting it up, as you get something working e.g. the dual aileron servos, back it up to a blank model slot so you do not have to start over when you mess up. Then play with the radio programming, there is no way to cover all the things this tx will do in a manual.