Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum dx8 registration

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 03:42 PM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spektrum dx8 registration

I have a unique problem with a used transmitter.
I received this transmitter from a dear friend of 13 years and on January 31 he passed away from cancer.
I have been trying to register the transmitter but without being able to de register the transmitter I am left with a problem.
I have his name and his Obituary but other than that I dont know what else I can offer as proof that that I am now the legal owner and I want to register it to get the latest up grades.
Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do or know who I can talk to to get this matter settled?
Old 02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah go over to RC Groups and look for Andy Kunz in the radio forum. He works for Horizon and can help you with your issue.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:55 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Unfortunately this happens all too frequently.

Our Product Support group has a means to work this through. Just contact them using the normal means and explain the situation. They will work through it with you to deregister the radio, but they need proof to help prevent theft.

Likewise, if your radio is stolen, send a copy of the police report to them and they will do what is possible (working with law enforcement) to keep the bad guys from getting away with it.

Andy
Old 02-20-2017, 06:57 AM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the help problem resolved