Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Are AR636 receivers gyro function easily damaged?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 10:42 AM
JKEpps
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are AR636 receivers gyro function easily damaged?

Question, I have three AR636 receivers, two from Night Visionaires, and one from an Opterra. Of the three I can only get one to function properly with stabilization. One of the others won't bind properly with either my DX6i (DSM2) or my 5Xe. Funny thing though is both radios acted like they would bind with that receiver once, but after the bind process was complete, power cycle, and no bind. The third 636 will bind just fine, but will not perform any gyro type functions. I've used both the smartphone and PC programmer to try and get them to work, but no joy. The common factor between the two that aren't working properly as far as the gyro/AS3X functions goes is that they were in minor/mid level impact crashes. The receiver functions work fine, just not the AS3X stuff. I'm going to send them in for repair, but was curious if they are particularly susceptible to impact damage.

Thanks,

-Jorden
Old 06-02-2017, 07:26 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Gyros and accelerometers are susceptible to impact damage. I would never fly a crashed receiver - I always have had Service check them out first. That said, damage is rare.

Your problem might also be due to the need for the receiver to be in a particular orientation in order to begin normal operation.

Andy