Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

28X aux channel trim switch select

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 28X aux channel trim switch select

i'm trying to figure out how to assign a trim switch/lever to an aux channel. i want to set it up so i can adjust my nose wheel separate from the rudder . right now i have the rudder on xbus programmed to Chanel 10 " aux 10" and the nose wheel servo plugged into the rudd channel on the receiver. any thoughts ?
Old 06-15-2017, 05:14 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I think will do what you want.
1. For the servo that controls the nose-wheel... reprogram vis X-bus the servo to respond to
an Aux channel. For example AUX14.
2. Under SYSTEM -> CHANNEL SETTING.
set whatever knob, or slider, etc you want to control
I did it for INPUT 'H' which is for the knob on right side of the
'JR PROPO' label on the transmitter.
Test to make sure this knob moves the servo. It should
by default move back and forth full throw
3. Go to D/R EXP page and set the Dual Rate for AUX14 to
about 25%. The knob will now only move the AUX14 servo
a little about neutral.
If you use flight modes set this same dual rate for all flight modes
(this is done by selecting the blue color switch on the D/R EXP page
and select POS0 for each flight mode)
4. Next go to the 'Program Mix' page.
You need to mix 'RUDDER' to CH14

The end result is that moving the rudder stick will move the rudder servo
and the nose-wheel servo. The knob H will control a small trim
of the nose-wheel servo. The full-travel amount of trim can be varied
by changing the 25% value mentioned in step 3 above.

I think this is what you were trying to do ???
Old 06-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Don McCullough
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assign a channel per page 5-15 "Channel Select" then mix rudder to that channel. In "Trim System" on page 5-15 assign a lever or trim to that new channel. You can specify the direction and amount of the trim.

Enjoy,

Don
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 PM
warbird_1

well , i'm stumped. here's the story.i'm using xbus for the three servos in the tail. i have the rudder assigned to channel 10"aux 10" and the nose wheel to rudder channel on the receiver. i can mix them together and they work fine . i can assign the left knob to trim the rudder or i can assign it to trim the nose gear or both . no matter what i tried , i can't get them to work independently from each other. i also tried to make a mix where i mix the rudder channel with left knob that works but as soon as i use the trim tab t4 to adjust the rudder the nosewheel moves with in even with the knob active. also in the trim select screen my list of channels only goes to aux 5 . i'm stumped WB_!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:56 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

On any JR radio with lesser capability than a 28X, two program mixes would be used to have independent nose wheel trim. First mix would be RUDD -> AUXz, where AUXz would be any free auxiliary channel that has been disconnected from its control device in the Device Select menu. The disconnect is done because any default control device, be it knob or lever, would command too much travel to be used as a trim.

The second mix would be a lever or knob -> AUX z with a mix rate of about 20%. The knob or lever could be the original control device for that auxiliary channel. From Don’s message it appears that the 28X has a more sophisticated way of adding trim, so this second mix may not be necessary.

You have to use the AUXz channel for nose wheel steering. The rudder channel signal with its trim is the same whether it is sent through the RUDD port on the receiver or through an XBus channel that has been assigned as the rudder. The only difference between the receiver rudder port and the XBus AUX10 channel, which you have assigned as the rudder, is that you can gang three servos and adjust their interaction parameters. The nose wheel stearing info is different from the rudder's and has to be on a channel separate from the rudder.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 06-24-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling and expanded
Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just programmed what I think you want on my 28X.
I have Rudder set to Channel 4 with its default trimmer. Don't touch this
default setup for Rudder. Do not assign the nosewheel servo channel to Channel 4.
I set the nose-wheel servo channel 10, but could use another free channel.
I chose to use trimmer switch 'B' to trim the Rudder servo and Nose-wheel servo.

The end result is:
I can trim the Rudder servo with the default rudder trim and it has no effect on the
Ch10 nose-wheel trim, or I can trim the Nose-wheel servo (CH10) with no effect on rudder trim.
After set up the Rudder stick moves the rudder servo and nosewheel servo. (Which is what I assume you want)

Here is what I did.
1. System >> Xbus >> Set Mode A
2. Trim Input Switch
Select TIS00 >> Direct >> Input B
(I chose trim switch 'B' to trim the nose-wheel servo)
3. Channel Settings >> CH10 >> Input 'B'
I am assuming the Nose-wheel Servo is Channel 10, but could be another channel)
4. Hardware Settings >> Select 'B'
Select Input Type 'GAIN' and Step 1%
5. Program Mix
Mix Rudder (Master) to Channel 10 (Slave)
(a) Master Setting
set FUNCTION >> RUDDER
Include >> Uncheck 'TRIM'
(b) Slave Setting
Change 'FUNCTION' to 'CHANNEL'
Select 'CH10'
(c) Go back to top page under Program Mix
Click on Rudder
Change NORMAL to CURVE
Then get new screen and make sure RUDDER is selected
For left rudder INPUT -150, set OUTPUT to -50
For right rudder INPUT +150 set OUTPUT to +50
(the values of -50 and +50 are arbitrary and you can modify these later to suit
personal taste. You may need to reverse depending on your setup)

I suggest trying this and confirming the actions by looking on the MONITOR screen.
You can change the Nosewheel servo deflections by changing the -50 and +50 values;
I found it is better not to use too much nose-wheel deflection. You would I assume taxi on the ground by moving the
rudder stick.

If you still have trouble I could email my model setup for this and you could then copy it to
the SD card in your 28X. Have not done that before but it should work.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:29 PM
warbird_1

Thanks, yes I did post to a couple of different groups. Thanks for the help I will try it tomorrow. I did try the other way and it still didn't work. I'm wondering if something else is interfering with the function in trying to do
Old 06-25-2017, 11:37 AM
warbird_1

ok so i finally got it to work. Because the the trim knob i wanted to use i had to go in a different direction."i could have used a trim switch but i preferred the knob". i would have done that long ago but i had the xbus harness all tucked away and the elevators all secured and i didn't want to take them apart. i was under the impression that all xbus servos had to be disconnected in order to program one servo so i unplugged the elevators so i wouldn't screw them up programming wise. i decided to unplug all xbus servos and reprogram the rudder servo using xbus . i just simply had to chose the proper servo to program and i wouldn't have had to go through taking the elevators off. so.. because i was using the PWM rudder port it didn't want to let go of the trim. that's what i think.. so i reprogrammed the rudder servo which i had on channel 10 -01 to channel 4-01 , and reprogrammed the nose wheel servo to channel 10-01 . selected the knob for input then i mixed rudder to channel 10 and unchecked the trim in the submenu . and it now works. in the mix menu i also used the gear switch to turn the mix on and off so my nose wheel servo would stop working with the gear up. i did this to avoid as much as possible the steering cables from moving around and getting caught on something. i want to thank you guys for taking your time to offer help. i really appreciate it . i haven't had to do much programming for a while so i am a bit rusty. thank you again , WB_1
Old 03-08-2024, 07:25 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjw4072
I just programmed what I think you want on my 28X.
I have Rudder set to Channel 4 with its default trimmer. Don't touch this
default setup for Rudder. Do not assign the nosewheel servo channel to Channel 4.
I set the nose-wheel servo channel 10, but could use another free channel.
I chose to use trimmer switch 'B' to trim the Rudder servo and Nose-wheel servo.

The end result is:
I can trim the Rudder servo with the default rudder trim and it has no effect on the
Ch10 nose-wheel trim, or I can trim the Nose-wheel servo (CH10) with no effect on rudder trim.
After set up the Rudder stick moves the rudder servo and nosewheel servo. (Which is what I assume you want)

Here is what I did.
1. System >> Xbus >> Set Mode A
2. Trim Input Switch
Select TIS00 >> Direct >> Input B
(I chose trim switch 'B' to trim the nose-wheel servo)
3. Channel Settings >> CH10 >> Input 'B'
I am assuming the Nose-wheel Servo is Channel 10, but could be another channel)
4. Hardware Settings >> Select 'B'
Select Input Type 'GAIN' and Step 1%
5. Program Mix
Mix Rudder (Master) to Channel 10 (Slave)
(a) Master Setting
set FUNCTION >> RUDDER
Include >> Uncheck 'TRIM'
(b) Slave Setting
Change 'FUNCTION' to 'CHANNEL'
Select 'CH10'
(c) Go back to top page under Program Mix
Click on Rudder
Change NORMAL to CURVE
Then get new screen and make sure RUDDER is selected
For left rudder INPUT -150, set OUTPUT to -50
For right rudder INPUT +150 set OUTPUT to +50
(the values of -50 and +50 are arbitrary and you can modify these later to suit
personal taste. You may need to reverse depending on your setup)

I suggest trying this and confirming the actions by looking on the MONITOR screen.
You can change the Nosewheel servo deflections by changing the -50 and +50 values;
I found it is better not to use too much nose-wheel deflection. You would I assume taxi on the ground by moving the
rudder stick.

If you still have trouble I could email my model setup for this and you could then copy it to
the SD card in your 28X. Have not done that before but it should work.
Hi,
I recently bought a used 28x. Trying to setup the nw steering on an ultra bandit. Not using XBUS, I can’t get the rudder to control the nw steering. NW is on aux11 assigned to the right rotary knob. I can control the steering rotating the knob. When I mix rudder to aux11 I get nothing.
I have an XG14 that makes this easy requiring 2 mixes IIRC. The 28x will be my primary radio for now so I need to figure it out. I have searched the internet and this quote is as close as can find. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks