Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

I bought a DX6.............

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:26 PM
boner321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a DX6.............

........and as I've stated I'm new at this and know very very little about all of it. My large Apprentice is too nervous/twitchy for me to get off the gyro comfortably. I bought the new radio (Tx?) to get me off the gyro in smaller steps than my radio can. Trouble is, is the owner's manual reads like a seasoned pilot is reading it. Is there an EZ way to program the radio so I can advance without too many crashes? I need a softer transition from beginner to intermediate. I dare not go near expert mode. THX
Old 08-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fairly recently, I too, bought a DX6 after getting back into R/C. Way too much transmitter for my limited flying capabilities, probably, but hopefully I`ll never have to buy another one.
Going back and reading and re-reading the applicable info helps me understand it all a little better each time.
If you`re getting "Model Aviation" through AMA, there is a series of articles by Dave Scott titled "Reviving Essential Control Setup Fundamentals in an Era of Elaborate Programming"
I have yet to read all of it, but plan to, as I feel this is essential basic knowledge to have in order to grow more and more proficient as a competent R/C airplane pilot.

Last edited by Stickslammer; 08-27-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by boner321
........and as I've stated I'm new at this and know very very little about all of it. My large Apprentice is too nervous/twitchy for me to get off the gyro comfortably. I bought the new radio (Tx?) to get me off the gyro in smaller steps than my radio can. Trouble is, is the owner's manual reads like a seasoned pilot is reading it. Is there an EZ way to program the radio so I can advance without too many crashes? I need a softer transition from beginner to intermediate. I dare not go near expert mode. THX
You're kind of wasting your time on this forum. Suggest you try the RCGroups radio forum. Lots more participation and input available there including one of the guys who works for Horizon and answers questions over there as well as occasionally here.

It's not that hard once you kind of get your head around the basics, good luck.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:54 AM
boner321

Originally Posted by Zeeb
You're kind of wasting your time on this forum. Suggest you try the RCGroups radio forum. Lots more participation and input available there including one of the guys who works for Horizon and answers questions over there as well as occasionally here.

It's not that hard once you kind of get your head around the basics, good luck.
I believe that guy that works for Horizon chimed in on my thread there. COMPLETELY mis understood what I wrote and responded like a complete jerkoff!!! When I pointed out his mistake he just went silent. I have zero respect for people like that. I don't care where he works. Plus he comes off pretty arrogant. The guys at the airfield have been amazing at welcoming me to this hobby and have been a great help to me. Thank you for your post!

Last edited by boner321; 08-29-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:26 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

This thread? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...bought-the-DX6

I didn't read it until 40 other posts trying to help you. You took unfounded, inaccurate potshots at the people I work with daily, and then got upset that the facts didn't fit your preconceptions.

You didn't get any agreement from anybody other than a few who agreed that our manuals are not all-inclusive, and lots of folks telling you why they shouldn't be.

I think I'll be vindicated when people start reading your reactions to questions from both me and others who tried to help you.

Go ahead and take your pot shots at me all day long. Just leave along the folks I work with who aren't here to defend themselves.

Andy
Old 08-29-2017, 03:10 PM
boner321

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
This thread? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...bought-the-DX6

I didn't read it until 40 other posts trying to help you. You took unfounded, inaccurate potshots at the people I work with daily, and then got upset that the facts didn't fit your preconceptions.

You didn't get any agreement from anybody other than a few who agreed that our manuals are not all-inclusive, and lots of folks telling you why they shouldn't be.

I think I'll be vindicated when people start reading your reactions to questions from both me and others who tried to help you.

Go ahead and take your pot shots at me all day long. Just leave along the folks I work with who aren't here to defend themselves.

Andy
Obviously you choose to ignore the post you made where you completely brain farted and made some ignorant comment, and went silent after i showed you the error of your ways. Please stay off my threads.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:15 PM
AndyKunz

"Yes, dear."

Wow. I guess we know why SoCal is the center now and not the Deep South.

Andy
Old 08-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by boner321
Obviously you choose to ignore the post you made where you completely brain farted and made some ignorant comment, and went silent after i showed you the error of your ways. Please stay off my threads.
Keep up this kind of attitude and we'll see about getting you banned.....

Sorry Andy, I had no idea about this Dweeb.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:35 AM
AndyKunz

Not a problem, Zeeb.

Andy
Old 08-30-2017, 06:42 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello Gents ,
I will say I have never seen the manual for an RC transmitter written as the OP wants , a complete beginner's guide to programming a TX "from the ground up" . Every manual I've ever seen was written for a hobbyist who , having come far enough to be programming his own TX , already knew what he wanted to do with the expo , end points and the like . And when it comes right down to it , most if not all manuals even outside the RC world are written with the premise that the reader is already familiar enough with the basic technology at hand that they wouldn't need to be instructed on the more basic functions and features , and would need only a guide as to where to find whichever function or feature they wish to alter in the layered menus .

PS , to the OP , Andy really is a great guy who gives his free time here to answer and try to help folks , and I know you got off to a bad start in the discussion over at RCG , but , I do think you'll find that if you approach him in a friendly rather than angry manner he'll be the most knowledgeable of pretty much all the folks who will be answering your questions . Yes I do understand your frustration of feeling that the manual takes the beginner for granted but rest assured it hasn't been done by Andy personally , nor to trip you up intentionally , it's just the way I've seen all TX manuals written for the 50 or so years I've been flying things by remote control .