Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Have I screwed something up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have I screwed something up?

Posting here earlier got me playing around with my DX6 and I thought to try again getting the latest firmware update , since it`s still on 1.05 and lets me know every time it`s powering down.
On the firmware page, it has version 1.20.15 dated 6/11/17 public beta. Below that is listed version 1.06 dated 11/17/16.
I`m not sure, but guessing 1.06 should be skipped , going to 1.20.15.
Loaded into the 1 GB SD card and followed instructions for auto install, but nothing happens.
I didn`t export the 3 models off the Tx like it said to, but figured I`d take a chance that they wouldn`t get erased.
Just wondering, should I de-register the unit and start all over again?
It works fine otherwise and will switch between models with no problem. Tried spektrumr/c.com but did not get a reply.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 AM
WMF Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You haven't renamed the file have you or possibly got a previous download still in the download folder that caused the PC to rename it? The file name should be SPMTX.SAX and placed in the root of the SD card. When you power up the Tx it should carry out the update. Don't forget to also update your sound file to 1.09 - that install will need to be initiated manually.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:58 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
Posting here earlier got me playing around with my DX6 and I thought to try again getting the latest firmware update , since it`s still on 1.05 and lets me know every time it`s powering down.
On the firmware page, it has version 1.20.15 dated 6/11/17 public beta. Below that is listed version 1.06 dated 11/17/16.
I`m not sure, but guessing 1.06 should be skipped , going to 1.20.15.
Correct, you only ever need to install the latest version.

Loaded into the 1 GB SD card and followed instructions for auto install, but nothing happens.
I didn`t export the 3 models off the Tx like it said to, but figured I`d take a chance that they wouldn`t get erased.
That's probably pretty safe assumption.

Did you happen to download and read the "How To" document? It tells you have to fix a card like this if it doesn't work even after you've done everything right. Usually you run SD FORMATTER tool and then all is well. You CANNOT use the Mac or Windows Format tool to make it work - it HAS TO BE SD FORMATTER!

Just wondering, should I de-register the unit and start all over again?
That won't do anything at all.

If your file doesn't have the exact right name (as suggested by previous poster) then you can still do the update. Go to the SD menu and select Firmware Update, then pick the file.

It works fine otherwise and will switch between models with no problem. Tried spektrumr/c.com but did not get a reply.
That Support line doesn't usually run on Sunday. If you haven't gotten a reply yet, it will probably come real soon.

Andy
Old 08-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Stickslammer

Thanks. I think I formatted the SD card with the Windows format tool. I`ll go back and use the SD Formatter tool and try again.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Stickslammer

Thanks. I think I formatted the SD card with the Windows format tool. I`ll go back and use the SD Formatter tool and try again.
Ok, so I saw that there was "My Spektrum" on the SD card also, although I don`t know how it got there.
I guess I was in the SD window since there was a little symbol in the top left. Formatted it, downloaded the latest from the site, than looked at the file on the card. All it had was SPMTX.SAX 2179KB so I figured it must be right this time. Stuck it in the transmitter, turned it on and Bingo! the light flashed and it did it`s thing. Went back and updated the sound also.
Thank you WMF Flyer and Andy Kunz for helping me out, I really appreciate it.
See you around here,

Charlie
Old 08-28-2017, 04:24 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats!

Andy