Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Module for the Hitec Aurora 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:54 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Module for the Hitec Aurora 9

Any chance we'll see a Spektrum module for the Aurora 9?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
adaptabl

Default RE: Spektrum Module for the Hitec Aurora 9

Why downgrade?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 AM
sgillmore

I assume you're implying that the AFHSS is better than than DSM2. I won't argue that point, but I have over 20 Spektrum receivers including several high-end 7 and 9-channel models that were around $200 each. I also have some of the bind-n-fly models that only work with Spektrum technology. I would definitely use the Hitec receivers too, but it would be nice to be able to use both and not have to scrap my entire investment in DSM2. I also have to say that I've been flying JR/Spektrum 2.4Ghz stuff since it was released and have had zero issues...not one.

I was lucky enough to spend about 30 minutes with an Aurora and I'm almost speechless. I was very, very impressed with it overall. Given the competition it offers the JR 9-channel transmitters, I doubt Spektrum will provide a module for it, but I can always dream.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR/Spektrum is not a Downgrade from any other RC radio system. I am impressed with the Features and Price of the Aurora and I have offered it as an option to my other RC friends and RC newcomers. The competition from Hitec will obviously motivate the other RC radios companies to bring out the next level of products.

At some point, one of the numerous other manufacturers of RC radio products will come out with advancements that are newer and more inovative than Hitec and Hitec, and the others will respond.

Referring to JR/Spektrum as a Downgrade is just a Cheap Shot that can turn a useful thread into a useless, never ending, list of insults.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and free to share it, but why not, instead, contrast the things that you like about Hitec against the things you dislike about JR/Spektrum and let others think about it.

I spent almost 30 years with Futaba and finally switched to JR/Spektrum when I found that the XP9303 had more features than my Futaba 9C. When the Spektrum RF Module came out, I could only get 8ch on my 9C and still had 9 proportional channels on my XP9303. The biggest draw was that I could move to 2.4 slowly. Now that I have an inventory of JR/Spektrum 2.4 Rx's, I might consider the Hitec Aurora if I could still use all my JR/Spektrum stuff with the same Tx.

The Aurora has not been out long enough to really determine it's Strengths and Weaknesses.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 AM
sgillmore

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

JR/Spektrum is not a Downgrade from any other RC radio system. I am impressed with the Features and Price of the Aurora and I have offered it as an option to my other RC friends and RC newcomers. The competition from Hitec will obviously motivate the other RC radios companies to bring out the next level of products.

At some point, one of the numerous other manufacturers of RC radio products will come out with advancements that are newer and more inovative than Hitec and Hitec, and the others will respond.

Referring to JR/Spektrum as a Downgrade is just a Cheap Shot that can turn a useful thread into a useless, never ending, list of insults.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and free to share it, but why not, instead, contrast the things that you like about Hitec against the things you dislike about JR/Spektrum and let others think about it.

I spent almost 30 years with Futaba and finally switched to JR/Spektrum when I found that the XP9303 had more features than my Futaba 9C. When the Spektrum RF Module came out, I could only get 8ch on my 9C and still had 9 proportional channels on my XP9303. The biggest draw was that I could move to 2.4 slowly. Now that I have an inventory of JR/Spektrum 2.4 Rx's, I might consider the Hitec Aurora if I could still use all my JR/Spektrum stuff with the same Tx.

The Aurora has not been out long enough to really determine it's Strengths and Weaknesses.
Well said. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Nitro boater

"An one use the spektrum SR3100 dsm 2on the hitec aurora9 transmitter
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi nitro boater, I have used three A9's since their introduction and know of no Spectrum rx compatability with the A9