Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX6 vs DX6e

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 08:56 PM
fly4food18
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6 vs DX6e

I have been out of the hobby for some time and I am looking to get back into it. I have been looking into the DX6 and the DX6e. I can't figure out what the difference is. Can someone explain it?

Thank you
Brian
Old 10-03-2017, 07:11 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fly4food18
I have been out of the hobby for some time and I am looking to get back into it. I have been looking into the DX6 and the DX6e. I can't figure out what the difference is. Can someone explain it?

Thank you
Brian
Do you really want a Spektrum? The least reliable of all the radio brands? There are so many other options at a better price.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:43 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Start the Spektrum bashing early and be ahead of the crowd? The guy asked a question about two Spektrum radios. If you can't respond to his question then shut up. There is nothing more frustrating that to ask a simple question and be given personal, biased BS for an answer.

To answer your question OP I had the Dx6E for a while and never regretted it. It's a good basic radio. The DX6 costs more and has a different receiver. You should check the specs to see what functionality it has that is different. In all likelihood just starting our you won't need it.

Last edited by rgburrill; 10-03-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:55 AM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Start the Spektrum bashing early an be ahead of the crowd?
Not bashing so much as just trying to make the OP aware that there are some new radios out there that are as good or better for the price, like Tactic and FrSky, and maybe others.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM
BelAirBob

I have been using Spektrum for years with zero problems. Virtually all the other radios at my field are Spektrum and in Helis and Giant and everything else

One big advantage of Spektrum is they work with the E Flite bind and fly airplanes

There are two DX6. The one with the bent antenna is the original and if I remember, the firmware not great. The current black DX6 with the fixed antenna has the latest firmware and can store 100 programs or so

Happy flying

bob
Old 10-04-2017, 07:51 AM
fly4food18
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the E-flight products so that will be my main direction. Most of the guys I used to fly with use Spectrum or JR and they love it. I was a JR guy back in the day but the only place to get there stuff now is on the used market. I just don't trust used radios. If all my flying will be in the school yard I don't see the reason to purchase the DX8 or 9. I am really loving the performance of the little stuff that E-flight is putting out.

I'll swing by my hobby store in the next couple days and see what they say as well.

Thank you
Old 10-05-2017, 01:26 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fly4food18

Thank you
Brian
Brian,

This PDF will show the features and differences between all our radios.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SPM_Transmitter_Comparison.pdf
Views:	2221
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	2240109

Andy