Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flap problem with the Jr 9303

Old 12-09-2017, 06:37 PM
tomgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap problem with the Jr 9303

I have a plane that I have put flaps on, using a 3 point switch to control them. When i lower the flaps is is also bringing back the throttle. I don't no where i went wrong. Any idea's about this?
Old 12-09-2017, 11:46 PM
tomgreen

I have fixed part of the problem by just hit the reset. But only one flap going down using the aux 4 switch. The other goes down using the gear switch. Need help
Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It appears that you will have to start from the beginning. Offhand the only way I can imagine that the throttle is affected by the flap switch is that you had a program mix of some kind. When you reset the program, it erased the mix. 

On all JR transmitters starting with the 9303, the proper way of setting up dual surfaces in the ACRO mode is through the WING TYPE menu. For ordinary circumstances, never use a program mix! On the 9303 before you can use the WING TYPE menu to set up dual flaps, you have to make some other decisions that involve both the DEVICE SELECT and the WING TYPE menus. The reason for this is that the transmitter picks certain channels for the ailerons depending on the wing type and you have to pick other ones for your flaps. 

Channels one through four are your primary channels controlled by the sticks and can only be altered with effort. Channel two is the aileron channel. If you have only one aileron servo, this is the channel you would use for both ailerons. If you have dual ailerons then channel two is your right aileron for both the NORMAL and FLAPERON wing types. It is the left elevon for the DELTA wing type. 

The FLAPERON wing type is for a conventional wing with dual ailerons that can function as flaps but has NO discrete flaps. If your plane has one or two actual flaps, you must use the NORMAL wing type. With the FLAPERON wing type, the left aileron is on channel six, the FLAP channel. 

With the NORMAL wing type and flap(s), the right flap will be on channel six. The left aileron and flap can be on any channel that is not being used. 

The procedure for setting up your plane is this:

1. Reset the program

2. Decide on a wing type and if you have actual flaps set the WING TYPE to NORMAL in the WING TYPE menu

3. In the DEVICE SELECT menu, INH the outputs of all the channels that you will not be using, possibly GEAR and certainly AUX2 and AUX3. (AUX4 cannot be used in the next step.)

4. Return to the WING TYPE menu. On the bottom is the dual/mate. Select the INH under FLAP and press the roller. You can select any channel that is not being used for the left flap. Using AUX3 for the left flap has the extra benefit of letting you trim it independently of the right flap using the AUX TRIM switch.

5. If you have dual ailerons, set up the left aileron as you just did for the left flap using one of the remaining unused channels.

Allan
Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM
tomgreen

Thanks Allan, all done, thanks for your reply.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:06 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,

You may already be aware of what I’m about to write but this is for the benefit of those who are coming late to the 9303. The reason for using the dual/mate function in the WING TYPE menu instead of a program mix for dual ailerons, elevators, flaps, or rudders, is that a program mix is a less powerful mix for coupling dual surfaces than the dual/mate function. A program mix carries only a few specific master channel’s attributes over to the slave channel. Trim is not one of those attributes! More than once there have been posts from people who have coupled their dual ailerons with a program mix asking why the aileron trim only affects the right aileron and not the left. The dual/mate carries all the master channel attributes over to the slave channel.

Some attributes require that the servos for dual surfaces rotate in opposite directions. For example when an aileron command is given to a plane set up for dual ailerons, normally you want both aileron servos rotate in the same direction. It is the linkage geometry that causes one aileron to go up and the other to go down. With the ailerons are used as flaperons, the servos have to rotate in opposite directions. Were a program mix used to couple the dual ailerons, two flaperon mixes have to be used. One mix using a positive rate to one aileron; another mix using a negative rate to the other aileron. The dual/mate function automatically takes care of this and the only mix you have to set up when using a NORMAL wing type is a flap-to-flaperon mix. With a FLAPERON wing type, you don’t have to think about it.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 12-12-2017 at 12:15 PM.