Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Future of JR

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 04:33 PM
barnowljenx

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Future of JR

Does anyone know whether JR will continue to support their range of model aircraft radio gear or sell it to someone who will?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:25 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Simple answer - give McGregors a call and they will tell you what's happening.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 01-30-2018, 02:14 AM
barnowljenx

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks modtron. I give MacGregor's a call and they told me that JR Radio actually filed for bankruptcy in Dec 2017. RCDepot, run by an Ex-JR person has taken on a number of JR employees and are continuing to manufacture JR products from a South Korean factory.. In particular 8 and 6 Ch DMSS Rx and XG8 and XG14 Tx and other bits. RCDepot is also talking about re-introducing software updates to JR Tx. So, JR kit is not completely dead but we will need to check on the MacGregor website from time to time to find out what's happening.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:38 AM
SAB

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's more of less the situation as I understand it too, other than the manufacturing site is not in South Korea it's the Sanei factory, located in Malaysia. JR propo have used this factory extensively since the mid 90's so I don't have any quality concerns etc.

Steve