Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX 18 G2 range issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:37 AM
bigbird007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX 18 G2 range issue

Andy,
I just bought a used DX18G2 and noticed the range issue while in the process of updating it. I called and they advised sending it in, so I did. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the range test function didn't test the right circuits in the TX and that's why they want you to do a full power test at .6 of a mile. The note from the technician said they did a low power range check at 90 feet. Is this going to be OK?

Thanks for any help

Bob
Old 02-20-2018, 10:05 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

There was a recall, if you have the green dot in the battery compartment you should be fine, its got the new RF deck
Old 02-20-2018, 12:49 PM
bigbird007

I guess I wasn't clear, it did not have the green sticker. That was the first thing I looked for after reading about the recall. They did not put the new RF deck in and only checked it in low power mode.
Shouldn't they have replace the RF deck?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:00 PM
BarracudaHockey

Interesting, I'm surprised they didn't. I would give them a call and if they should have and didn't I would ask for a shipping tag.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM
bigbird007

So, I talked to the tech that did the work and he says it's not one of the affected ones and he put a green sticker in it. He also said that not all of them were affected but they had no idea how many were but his test were conclusive, it's not affected by the range issue. Nice guy and I appreciated the chance to talk to him.

Thanks Horizon and thanks Andy

Bob
Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 AM
BarracudaHockey

Yea, I had a tour of that place while I was up for the Horizon aero-tow and walked through the support areas. Those people really care about what they are doing, love the hobby and enjoy helping out customers.