Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Radian XL Beeping

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 12:59 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radian XL Beeping

I know this involves an airplane, but relevance will become clear in a moment, please bear with me.

I have a Radian XL, and have binded it with a DX9, fresh profile. I set it up just as the manual says. It seems like after a few minutes, a long alarm tone would sound for about a minute then stop. After another few minutes, the tone would sound again, and would not go away until I disconnected the battery. Now this is a new plane for me, so I am still setting it up, and I eventually noticed that the tone would sound everytime I went into the DX9 menu. Not the system menu that disconnects the RF, just the regular menu. But when I come out of the menu, the tone keeps going until I disconnect the battery.

Is there something I have set up wrong? Is this normal or a problem?

please help, I have scoured forums and sites all over and cannot find any info on this.

thanks!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:08 PM
djmp69

Default Update

So it turns out it doesnt matter if I go into the menu or not, that was apparently just coincidence. The tone starts after about a minute, even if I don't do anything and just let the plane sit there
Old 04-09-2018, 10:47 PM
djmp69

Think I got it figured out. What I noticed is that whenever I moved a ctrl surface or engaged the throttle, the tone goes away. It appears that it's an inactivity alarm. As I am setting this up at home, I'm not flying it so the plane is just sitting there. So it's not in the state as if I'm flying it. The surfaces are not moving and as3x is not correcting. I'd never fly it and just sit there not doing anything so chances are i would never hear the alarm at the field.
Hopefully that's it, I wasnt sure if I had something wrong set in the TX or RX