Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

use of 2 DXes

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM
darrzemp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default use of 2 DXes

Can 2 DXes be used\: 1 as a master and 1 as a slave wirelessly for training purposes? I am instructing and my equipment is all Futaba. I would like to be able to help club members just starting out that have a lot of electric planes of the beginning variety without going to a lot of extra expense. While I can put them up with a fuel powered trainer they then would not be able to get use of their own planes.

Thanks to whom e3ver responds.

Sincerely - Darryl
Old 03-22-2018, 02:04 PM
WMF Flyer

Darryl. I've not personally done so but according to the Spektrum Tx comparison chart 'https://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/Media/PDF/SPM_Transmitter_Comparison.pdf' the answer is yes!

Ian
Attached Thumbnails SPM_Transmitter_Comparison.pdf  

Last edited by WMF Flyer; 03-22-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The DXe in the chart is NOT the DXe that comes with a ready-to-fly model. The RTF units do not have the wireless trainer hardware.

You could use a regular DXe as the master (instructor) and an RTF as the slave (student), but not the other way around.

Actually, you can use ANY DSM2/DSMX transmitter as the student/slave radio - it's the instructor/master radio that needs the wireless trainer module.

Andy
Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM
darrzemp

So - Andy, Do I need to use a trainer cord from the RTF DXe to the regular DXe to make things work? What is the procedure to link them together?
Thanks - Darryl.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:32 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

No, you use Wireless mode. Bind regular DXe to aircraft as normal. Bind RTF DXe to open stock DXe in Wireless mode.

Andy
Old 03-23-2018, 01:17 PM
darrzemp

Thank you so much. Its great to have the right amount of direct help. I'll be sure to pass on my results as they happen.

Sincerely - Darryl.