JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX9 with AR9030T Programming Help 2-Aileron, 2 Flap, Retracts

Old 05-26-2018, 04:48 PM
jayfmiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question DX9 with AR9030T Programming Help 2-Aileron, 2 Flap, Retracts

I bought a Spectrum SPMR 9900 9-channel with a AR9030T receiver for a new aircraft because I needed the extra channel above my DX8. The aircraft has 1 elevator servo, 1 rudder servo, electric retract tri-gear with integrated motors that require only one channel, 1 nose gear steering servo, 2 aileron servos, 2 flap servos, and throttle servo. I am getting frustrated trying to program the DX9 and the RX for the combination. I want all of the TX switches assignments to be the same as for the rest of my other retract aircraft. Gear on SW "A," elevator multiple rate on "C," flap multiple position on "D, aileron multiple rate on "F," rudder multiple rate on "G," and throttle cut on "H". I used the same custom mix as on my DX8 for mixing the rudder channel to the steerable nose wheel servo (AUX2) with the action disabled when the gear switch "A" is in the gear up position. My difficulty is in programming the DX9 so the switch assignments are what I customarily use and also utilizing the functions I listed above. When I select the aircraft wing type for 2- aileron servos and two flap servos the automatic channel assignments for the Right and Left aileron channels make sense, but the "RX Port Assignments" screen shows that the RX gear channel assignment is now "R Flap" with Aux 3 being "L Flap." What the heck (and how?) do I do to get my gear channel and maintain TX switch assignments?

I switched from Futaba to Spektrum in 2012 and, in general, the Spektrum TX & RX manuals have proven to be no more help than a pay toilet in a dysentery ward.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Easy peasy

Plug the gear into an open aux channel.

Go to the channel assignment screen
Click NEXT
That will bring up INPUT CONFIG
Scroll to the open aux channel that the gear are using and select it then flip the switch you want the gear on.
Done
Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM
jayfmiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks.