Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Switching j r crystals

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 03:24 PM
rcnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Switching j r crystals

Hello everyone. Need help please. Just got a new jr xf631 from eBay. Wasn’t paying attention and turns out to be on channel 76 , 75 MHz. The receiver is a 72 MHz with a 75 MHz small sticker stating 75 MHz with a channel 76 crystal. Transmitter has channel 76 crystal installed. Question is can I get a set of jr transmitter and receiver crystals on 72 MHz, on whatever frequencies I want and just switch them out. Will this work so I’m operating on 72 MHz.
Your expertise it greatly needed.. radio was purchased for act use, not ground.

Last edited by rcnut; 01-20-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-20-2019, 04:19 PM
[email protected]

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replacing the 75 MHz crystals in your JR system will probably work - on your workbench, but definitely not good enough to fly. Some equipment can be changed with 72 MHz crystals and retuning, however, most will require some component changes, probably to both units.
I am not sure about JR service at this time, I thin k your best bet is to peddle your 75 MHz system - some scale boater will be glad to get it - and start over, taking the time to check carefully this time.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:32 AM
rcnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for the info. May try to send to JR SEVICE if not to costly.