Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Strange telemtetry message from TM1000 and DX9

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 AM
Fins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange telemtetry message from TM1000 and DX9

I am using a new TM1000 with a Black DX9 transmitter and AR9020 receiver. All have the latest updates. Everything binds correctly and works fine on the ground. About half way through a flight I start receiving what I believe are incorrect warning messages, something like "218,345 (or some very large number in the thousands) frames losses, 0 holds." When I land, the TM display on the DX9 shows 0 frames losses and 0 holds. A data logger verifies the same: 0 frame losses, 0 holds. The fades indicated from all three antennas are reasonable. I can recreate the problem on the ground at long ranges (large link losses). In looking at the data on the SD card, I see a number of times where there are obvious data errors. Is there not an error detecting code to prevent incorrect alarms? I have repositioned the antenna in the aircraft with no noticeable change. If this is operating correctly without any form of error detection or TM link loss detection, it makes the real time flight log alarms worthless. Any suggestions on what may be happening?
Old 04-28-2016, 05:11 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

It's called a "Telemetry Range Warning" and yes, it's working correctly. When your TM1000 is having a hard time hearing the DX9, it will respond with these messages instead of normal data.

I've explained it numerous times over the years. Just google for "Spektrum Telemetry Range Warning" and you'll find a good number of hits, especially on RCG.

Andy
Old 04-01-2019, 05:50 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd bar loss

Ever since I started flying my Ventique I've had problems with the TM1000 locking up, but this weekend I went into full test mode. In the lab I see all the correct lights once the Aircraft system is all powered up. I even hook up a spare pitot tube to the Out side of a vacuum so that I get good speed readings. After an hour of testing different sensors (I thought a sensor might be at fault) what I noticed is that when moving the Aileron stick the bars go from 4 solid to nothing but return after 1.5 seconds they pop back in. Now whats really weird is that I have flaperons and switching the flaps on or off does NOT have any impact. Might be something to do with flap function being actually a different channel.

Any ideas?

KKKKFL
Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Depending on the receiver, yes. I believe the AR600/610 could stop talking to a TM1000 properly when the sum of the servo outputs gets to a large amount.

Andy