JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

More than one way?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM
H5606

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default More than one way?

Or is one way more desirable than the other outside of mechanical linkage geometry? Looking to achieve aileron differential - what is the difference in setting up an airplane with positive aileron differential (more up than down) with a Spektrum radio using either Servo Setup or Differential under the Function List? Will using Servo Setup to reduce the endpoints for down aileron travel cause a loss of servo resolution? Is this poor technique, in any way detrimental, or as an average sport flyer, will I even be able to "feel" a difference?

Edit: Is the Differential feature a better way to deal with it? Not looking for control function to be conditional; IOW, I'd like it on all the time.

The airplane is currently flying with differential achieved by limiting down aileron travel through Servo Setup value reduction (values of 100 for up; 50 for down); would like to reduce this to roughly a third of up travel.

Last edited by H5606; 04-27-2019 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old 04-27-2019, 05:35 AM
H5606

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Disregard original post as its long-winded and has too many questions.

Simply put - what is the difference in setting up aileron differential using servo endpoints versus using the Differential menu option from the Function List on a Spektrum Transmitter?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:15 AM
H5606

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I see by trial, that the Differential feature in the Tx allows quick changes to both aileron servos with a single value input.