Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR X9303 bind button problem - help!

Old 11-28-2019, 11:42 AM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR X9303 bind button problem - help!

Dear All,

Hi, right now i have problem with binding mode.

While i pushed bind button then turn my radio on, it just beeps twice and the green LED light solid, itís not flashing and enter to binding mode. I have tried like hundreds time.
Any suggestions? Which part should i check or replace?
Or just tap PPM signal and connect with DSM module? But all reference that i read on the internet, seems only for openTx. Any reference or information to give my radio second chance to serve will be very appreciated!

Last edited by karmensarodja; 11-28-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:44 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'd say that it most likely needs the button/switch replaced to do dirty/bad contacts.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:00 PM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Iíll check the button deeply asap. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2019, 05:08 PM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
I'd say that it most likely needs the button/switch replaced to do dirty/bad contacts.
I just sprayed contact cleaner to the bind button and checked with multimeter, the button works like it should...

maybe it is time to do some experiment to this radio... the time to tap PPM signal and pair with multiprotocol module.
any idea, suggestion? IRangeX, Jumper or else?

thanks and regards,
andreas
Old 11-30-2019, 01:03 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by karmensarodja View Post
Dear All,

Hi, right now i have problem with binding mode.

While i pushed bind button then turn my radio on, it just beeps twice and the green LED light solid, . . .
Or just tap PPM signal and connect with DSM module?! . . .
A couple of things you said makes me wonder exactly what equipment you are using. First, you mention the green LED. If you are referring to the LED on the back, all DSM modules and transmitters Iíve seen here in the US have an orange LED on the back. If it is blue-green, it might be JRís DMSS which is incompatible with Spektrum DSM receivers.

The other thing you mentioned was that you were thinking of using a DSM module. If you truly have an X9303, you would have to hack the transmitter in order to use a module. The X9303 isnít designed to use a module. On the other hand, the XP9303 is a module-based transmitter. The XP9303 can use a DSM module but the performance is lessened. The transmitter has to be placed in PPM mode and this will result in some latency. Also you will not have model match and some other attributes that come with using an actual X9303.

On the back of the transmitter there is usually a label stating what protocol is used. This might give you a clue what you really have. JR used at least three different protocols: DSM, DSM-J, and DMSS. If the transmitter is a XP9303, the module protocol could be anything other than DSM.

Allan
Old 11-30-2019, 08:51 PM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
A couple of things you said makes me wonder exactly what equipment you are using. First, you mention the green LED. If you are referring to the LED on the back, all DSM modules and transmitters Iíve seen here in the US have an orange LED on the back. If it is blue-green, it might be JRís DMSS which is incompatible with Spektrum DSM receivers.

The other thing you mentioned was that you were thinking of using a DSM module. If you truly have an X9303, you would have to hack the transmitter in order to use a module. The X9303 isnít designed to use a module. On the other hand, the XP9303 is a module-based transmitter. The XP9303 can use a DSM module but the performance is lessened. The transmitter has to be placed in PPM mode and this will result in some latency. Also you will not have model match and some other attributes that come with using an actual X9303.

On the back of the transmitter there is usually a label stating what protocol is used. This might give you a clue what you really have. JR used at least three different protocols: DSM, DSM-J, and DMSS. If the transmitter is a XP9303, the module protocol could be anything other than DSM.

Allan
Dear Allan,

Happy with your response hehehe ...
Sorry I didn't start with the history of this radio. I bought this unit a few years ago, as I recall in the RCUniverse buying and selling forum. According to original owner, the radio has been upgraded to DSMX (photo attached). Honestly, I didn't check the bindings with the receiver since I bought it because I only used them as a backup radio and played an RC simulator. Even the LED color has been bought since green (photo attached). If this radio is already DSMX, it should be compatible with DSM2 too. When I try binding it to OrangeRX DSM2, the LED binding button turns solid. Thus the history of this radio.
Can playing the simulator damage the RF radio transmitter module?

Old 11-30-2019, 08:58 PM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
Allan
Oh btw ... about installing a DSM module, I was thinking of experimenting to tap the PPM signal and connect it to DSM2, multiprotocol modules or whatever, after all my RF radio module has stopped working ...
Any ideas or references? Thanks...
Old 12-02-2019, 12:58 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It has been several years since I had an X9303 but on my other JR transmitter with a DSM module there is only a brief period the light on the back would flash during the binding process. It is essential that the receiver be in its binding mode before the transmitter is put in bind.

After the receiver LEDs start flashing, I put the transmitter into the bind mode by holding down the bind button while powering up the transmitter. Normally I donít pay attention to the LED on the back. Going into the bind mode, the transmitter will beep several times followed by a short series of module LED flashes. This is followed by the LED turning off. Depending on whether the bind button is still being held down, the off period continues until the first link is made with the receiver or until all links are made and the button is released. Thereafter the LED glows solid.

If there is no receiver waiting to be bound, the same sequence occurs except the LED off state will automatically terminate less than a second if the button was released following the beeps or otherwise terminates when the button is released. Consequently there is no indication on the transmitter that it has bound to a receiver. It is the receiver LEDs that indicate the binding is complete.

While Iím not entirely certain this is true, it appears if the transmitter goes through the binding process without a receiver present to be bound, the transmitter enters into an indeterminate state. It will neither bind to a receiver set to binding afterwards or link with a receiver that was previously bound to the transmitter.

All my DSM receivers are either JR or Spektrum. Iíve no experience with the Orange receivers. They may act differently.

Allan
Old 12-04-2019, 09:38 PM
karmensarodja

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Allan,

Thank you very much for your clear explanation. I think it's time for me to move on...