Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XS3 - problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Lost Down Under

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XS3 - problems?

Danny,

I have an XS3 that is yet to be used on a range of cars & gas boats.
The problem I have is that I am getting some bad reports on the system.
3 blokes that I know with 1/5 cars have removed them because of bad glitching that was unstoppable.
1 other bloke had it in a boat & after 3 weeks the reciever died. He was told by JR that the are not designed for water use. It was in a fully sealed radio box.
Not good odds considering I know only about 7 blokes with them.
Please give me some feedback as I'm about to jump ship.

Thanks

Paul.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:39 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XS3 - problems?

No electric component that is unsealed, such as a receiver, is going to have no problems when wet. It is just not possible. Water and electronics do not mix well together as I'm sure you know. Getting the receiver wet voids the warranty, on ANY receiver. If you do get a receiver wet, remove it from the case immediately, dry it with a hair dryer carefully, and clean it with an electrical cleaner to prevent any corrosion. After it is dry and clean, provided that nothing shorted the receiver out, it will work again.

Glitching can be caused by any number of factors. Speed controls, motors, engines, the transmitter, receiver, bearings, servos, other electrical devices, set up, and outside RF can all cause interference. If the receiver or transmitter are suspected, they can be sent in and checked up. But we are not seeing any types of wide spread problems with the XS3 system with interference.