Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Updage JR 631 to 9C or wait for 9X?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Gyroguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updage JR 631 to 9C or wait for 9X?

I have out grown my JR 631 Aircraft Radio and I want to upgrade. I don’t want to start a fight between JR and Futaba, but I can get 9CAF FM w/ (4) 3004 Servos for $365.00 with 16k Campac Module from Chief.

I love the “feel” of the JR radios. They just feel right in your hands. It’s not much of an upgrade to the JR 378.

I have been waiting all summer for the 9x to come out but there is still no news. Even when it does come out, what are the chances that it will be any where near $365 range of the Futaba 9C? Any news on when the 9x will be available?

I don’t know much about the high end radios, but maybe the 9x has more features then the 9c. Almost everyone at my club are using the 9C.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2003, 11:26 AM
trailingedge
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Updage JR 631 to 9C or wait for 9X?

I feel your pain wahid. I've been waiting tooooooo looooonnnngggg for a release date or any details whatsoever for the 9x. I finally said to heck with it and started thinking toward the 10x. Now I'm heavily debating the Royal Evo 12. Check out tower hobbies as I think they have an EVO 9 (same as the 12 except 3 fewer channels) in your price range in stock. If you're interested in an 8103 with a couple of PCM receivers send me a PM so you can help me make up my mind quickly LOL.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:30 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are having several additions and improvements made on the 9 channel from JR over the 9X and they are in development on that system. It will be some time before they are available, but I do not have any specific time frames for a release on it.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:38 AM
trailingedge

Hi Danny,

I reread my previous post and didn't like the way it sounded so I owe you an appology. You've been a HUGE help to all of us here, and I know that you're giving out all the info you can. Maybe the waiting is getting to some of us LOL. As far as the 10x goes,do you know if the 9x will be in this class or more of a replacement for the 8103?
Old 11-12-2003, 11:40 AM
trailingedge

There's not much I don't like about the 10x, but if there's going to be a new sheriff in town....
Old 11-12-2003, 10:47 PM
GBR2

The new 9X sounds like it will be pretty nice. I'm currently using and 8103 and like it. A couple of questions come to mind:

Will the 9X have the same replaceable transmitter module in the back as the current 8103?

Would I be able to up load my 8103 datasafe settings into the 9X?

Will we be able to buy the 9x as a transmitter only?

What kind of price range are we looking at? Just some kind of an informed estimate might be nice.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
dsnyder

As far as I know, again, since the radio is not available yet, I don't have solid info, but the radio system I believe will use the same pack as the 8103.

The datasafe does not have the function to convert data, so at this time, I don't believe that will be possible. At some point in the future, maybe, but as it stands this function is not available.

My guess would be that it would be available TX only, but it it too far away to know for sure.

We do not have pricing set up yet.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:05 AM
francois118

GBR2

I just got my 9X on Tuesday. I charged it and went flying Wednesday afternoon after work. I upgraded from the JR 3810 ADT. Like they say -- feel the difference !! I wrote down the program I had for one of my planes that was in the 3810, and used the same values in the 9X, and it was exactly the same. The only adjustment was for flight trim (I did not take the values of my 3810 ADT with me to the field.

I thought programming my 3810 was a breeze, it was nothing compared to the 9X. JR got a winner with this new radio !! It was worth the wait.

Francois
Old 11-14-2003, 04:18 PM
dsnyder

For US customers, I assure you that the new updated 9 channel system will be worth the wait!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:28 PM
The_Matrix

Up until a month ago, I was strictly a JR man. I too like many was waiting for the 9X to hit the states, and like many, got tired of waiting to upgrade my radio. After reading alot on the Multiplex Royal EVOs, I decide to get the Royal EVO 12 Synthesized system, and have to say, I am glad I did. The radio is great, JR's moto " Feel The Difference." made need changing, because once you hold the EVO in your hands, you can really feel the difference. I have used the 10X as well as various JR radios, and have to say I like the feel of the EVO a whole lot better. It feels alot lighter, and just feels so right in your hands, like it is custom made to fit. Not to mention programming is alot easier than I have seen on any other radio thus far. And I bet you will not find any other radio that gives you as much, especially for the price. The only problems I have had so far are getting accessories for it i.e. pc interface cable, sim interface cable. but as with it being a New product to the states, delays can be expected on this. Guess I will have to contact my in-laws in Germany and have them to pick up some things for me......LOL. And if some think this is an infomercial, or advertisement endorced by Multiplex, it is not. Just giving my honest opion, of a great product, I decided was best for me. So, as I see it, if you go Multiples royal EVO, you can't go wrong, and will not regret it. And once you hold one in your hands, " You will really Feel The Difference."
Old 11-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Just to keep you in the picture, Mark Christy ( Leading UK Heli Flyer and a Software Programmer ) is coworking with JR on a new product called DataXchange. This is designed to store all model memories for 378, 3810 ( 8103 ) and the 10X and hopefully the 9X. He is waiting for the 9X memory maps currently.

The nice thing about this item is that if you have , for example , a 3810 and you are upgrading to a 10X ( 9X is in the future ) then you can transfer all settings to DatXchange then CONVERT them for the 10X, upload to the 10X without any loss or corruption of model settings at all !!!

This is planned to become an authorised JR product at some stage in the future. Oh, for all you PDA users running Windows CE ? That too is in the pipeline ( unless he has abandoned that project ! ), so you should be able to store all model settings at home, dump to your PDA, take it to the field and play to your hearts content.

[&:]