Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 8103 Mode 1 (JR 3801) Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 8103 Mode 1 (JR 3801) Manual

Hi Danny,

I have a JR 8103 that was converted by Horizon Hobby to Mode 1. I think the model number for the converted JR 8103 that is used in Europe is called the JR 3801.

The problem is Horizon supplied a manual for a Mode 2. They also did not change the transmitter labels for the switches and knobs from Mode 1 to Mode 2.

This makes it very confusing when programming since the switch functions are in the new locations but the labels are in original location for Mode 2. To make it even more confusing, the manual shows the switches for Mode 2 (the transmitter switch labels that were not changed match the manual) but are now different functions for what they are labeled for. Confusion results when trying to "translate" the switch positions and functions from manual to transmitter.

I've contacted Horizon support, through their web page, and asked for the proper manual and labels, but they never respond.

Since the Europe and the Far East mostly fly Mode 1 (JR 3801) you would think they would have an on line manual somewhere, if I can get one, I'm sure I can get some make-shift labels made localy.

Do you know where I can get a Mode 1 online manual for the JR 8103?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne Miller
Old 11-22-2003, 04:48 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR 8103 Mode 1 (JR 3801) Manual

To answer your question , there is no mode 1 manual.

All the english manuals for the radios ( any radio available in the US ) are actually written by Horizon on behalf of JR. Hence the manual is in Mode 2 format.
Here in the UK, Mode 2 is the norm and as far as I aware, there hasnt been a need to rewrite the section for mode 1 users.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:50 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Sorry, just a quick addition, here in europe it is known as the 3810 ( 3 modes, 8 channels, 10 memories ). We use the same nomenclature for the radios that the Japanese do.

[8D]
Old 11-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Mac_Man_UK,

Thanks for the information.

I wasn't sure if there was a manual or not, in one of the threads, someone said they purchased a Radio in Japan and they got a Japanese manual. I just kinda thought that if there was one in Japanese, there would be a good chance one was in English somewhere.

I started documenting the functions for the 8103 Mode 1 and tried to make the programming easier to understand. The programming is not hard, just trying to decipher it from the manual.

When I'm finished, I'll make it available to anyone who wants it as an attachment with pictures of the switch functions.

Again, thanks for taking the time to let me know there was no Mode 1 manual.

Also, as a side note. My daughter just moved to London last week. Do you know if England has electric heating blankets?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Wayne
Old 11-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Ermmm,

Electric Heating Blankets ?? Yes we do... ( I was gonna be silly and say yes... we even have electricity !! But I wont... )
Anything else you need to know about this place , just give me a pm and I will see what I can do to help,

[8D]
Old 11-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Mac_Man_UK,

Thanks for the info.

I feel guilty about taking space on this forum for items that are not related to modeling. Could you email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Wayne Miller