Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Tx charging ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
coyote
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Tx charging ?

Being new to JR radio equipment, I've got a couple of questions concerning my new 8103. 1. Does this set use a diode in the charging system and can the Tx battery be cycled in place? 2. JR charging lead polarity is reversed from the Hitec polarity I'm used to so is it OK to reverse the charge leads and use my Accu-cycle to cycle the Tx battery? 3. All my Hitec transmitter batteries have been replaced with 1800ma NIMH packs and I think they're great. Can I replace the JR NICAD with a high capacity NIMH pack? Any help would be appreciated. Bob
Old 12-05-2003, 04:41 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Tx charging ?

1. No, it does not have a diode in the charging circuit.
2. Yes, if you reverse the polarity, it will work fine. JR's are center pin negative. Remember to keep the charge rates at 1 amp or below.
3. We have a pack from expert that you can install in the 8103, it is part number EXRB300, which it lists as a 1500 mah pack, however the cells state 1650 mah. Just be sure that when using Nimh packs, that if using a peak detection charger that the charger is capable of charging Nimh packs.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:30 PM
rfvance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny
Does JR have a wall charger that will charge a 1650 ma Tx battery and a 1100ma Rx battery at the same time? Do I need to purchase a special charger for this application? If so what charger would you recommend? The only charger I have to charge these higher capacity batteries is a Cirrus fast charger, but I want a slow charger for these batteries and only want the fast charger after the batteries have been slow charged first..
Ronald
Old 01-04-2006, 10:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JRPC222 will charge the batteries, but will be slow for those sizes of batteries. Perhaps use it as an overnight charger then top off the batteries with your other charger.