Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 10X transmitter as slave for training - can't reverse servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 09:59 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10X transmitter as slave for training - can't reverse servos

I cannot get my JR 10X transmitter to work properly as a slave transmitter with my master transmitter (JR400). I cannot get servos to reverse. I have a trainer plane on a JR 400. The only spare transmitter I had available to use for the trainer was my 10X. I selected an available model number, selected code 78 and changed the pilot link setting from "INH" to slave. The 10X now worked as a buddy box, but 2 channels were reversed (throttle and Rudder). I used code 11 to switch ch 1 and 4 from normal to reverse but this had no effect.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:45 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 10X transmitter as slave for training - can't reverse servos

With the pilot link function of the 10X in slave mode, the master system must also have a pilot link function (6102,10X air) in order to work as intended. You can still have control of the 4 primary functions with the 10X as a slave, but reversing, trims, etc of both systems will have no effect when the master does not have a pilot link function and the trainer switch is pressed. What this means is that if the master system has a servo reversed or you need to change the travel of the servo, you will not be able to use the 10X system as a slave without mechanically reversing the controls on the model itself, and mechanically changing throws, etc.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I guess there is not a lot of demand to use the 10X transmitter as a slave with one of the lower cost transmitters as the master. I just happened to have my 10X with me as my only other transmitter at the field and I assumed it would work as a slave with any JR as the master. Next time I will take a different transmitter to use as the slave.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will work, provided the aircraft can be flown with a basic 4 channel system without any reversing. To use the 10X's full potential as a buddy box, the master either needs to be another 10X or the new 6102 system.