Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Ds 368 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:14 AM
maharaja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ds 368 problems

Danny, first how do you get rid of that other brand advertising!!!
second and more seriously. I fly sailplanes. Over the years I have used 351 servos in flaps and ailerons, I have found them to very reliable. In this new DS age I have changed to DS368 servos. Out of the three full house sailplanes I fly there are about a dozen DS638's. I have been finding problems with 368 servos stoping working for no apparent reason, sometimes interment. I do use a 5 cell battery pack. I had two servos die on me just before launch on the ruddervators. I noticed one servo stop interment and put the sailplane down to investigate, then the other stoped altogether []
regards maha'
Old 12-23-2003, 09:42 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ds 368 problems

I have not heard of any similar problems with the 368. I may be best for you to send the offending servos off to O'Reilly (61-8-8351-0544) for a check up.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:15 AM
shmukle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had a failure of a DS368 on a quickie 500, the servo in question was used for the elevator. The airplane had never been raced and was flying normally on base leg with the power pulled back when it stopped responding to pitch inputs and flew into a tree. The servo had approximatly 2 dozen fligts on it. The radio gear was recovered and the trottle, rudder, and aileron servos functioned normally, but the elevator servo was unresponsive. I am thinking of contacting JR, as I had a fair amount of time and money invested in this aircraft. The servos were brand new in this installation and had never been in a crash or abused in any way.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend sending the servo in for a check up.