Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Digital servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Digital servos

Hi Danny,

If it is true that some digital servos are for PCM only, which are they?

Thanks,
Old 12-23-2003, 09:32 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Default RE: JR Digital servos

I have been following this also, as I have had problems with the 811's jittering. Since Danny is not here yet, I have read that there is a receiver that does not work with digitial servos, but I forget which model it is (549-- I THINK).
Old 12-23-2003, 09:44 AM
dsnyder

No that is not true. Digital servos will work fine with FM. It is true that the 549 receiver does have some potential to have problems with digital servos, but that is limited to that receiver, and is not the case with all 549's.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:01 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

I didn't mean to imply that digitial servos would not work with all FM receivers and maybe I quit reading the threads too quick and did not get the "whole story". Since I exclusively use digitial servos of all brands on all of my planes, I was surprized to find out that there was a receiver that would not support digitial--period. I was not aware that it was just some of the 549s. Am I correct to interept that you are saying that it is a receiver by receiver case? (It really does not matter to me since I am slowly switching everything to 955s anyway, but I am curious) Thanks
Old 12-23-2003, 01:50 PM
dsnyder

That is correct. The 549 is an older design, and since digital servos did not exist at that time, it was not designed to work with them.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Thief223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Danny,

I just bought the 8103 Promo with the 811 servo's and the R700 receiver. I am using the 550T gyro, and I get alot jittering through all the servos when I use the aileron extention. Without the extention everything works fine. I have a boom mounted servo. Would a heavy duty ext. work to be a fix?? Or should I move the servo back to its front position.
John
Old 01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
dsnyder

It sounds like the extension may be to blame, I would try another extension, perhaps a heavy duty extension, and see if that solves the problem.