Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Choosing between 9Z & 10X

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 12:55 PM
SEVOOLIG
My Feedback: (94)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing between 9Z & 10X

i have been asking and looking all over to get generalized suggestions on purchasing one of the two. i currently have a Futaba 6xas and its great, but cant really do higher programming. and want to move up and get the best but dont know which one i should get. i like the touch screen on the jr and like the ability of the synthesized module on the 9Z and of course other obvious features. please help, thanks
Old 12-25-2003, 01:01 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Choosing between 9Z & 10X

Sev, did you sell your Edge ?
Old 12-25-2003, 01:19 PM
BobbyRichardson

Sev, I've used both systems in the past, and it's really matter of watch features you like. I have the 10X and love it. For a Top Shelf radio it's a piece of cake to program (TOUCH SCREEN). If I had it to do over again it would be another 10X.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:19 PM
top1

I have a 10sx, just an older brother to the 10x. THe best part of it is the programming, it so easy. It is as they say 'monket see monkey do'. I've heard that the 9z can be a little difficult to understand. I'm staying with JR for this reason and many others such as over all quality.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:23 PM
bentgear

SEVOOLIG, how many Futaba receivers do you have? Have you got access to both? Which one feels better? What do most of the people that you fly with use? Are you ready to learn to program either one of them? Will either serve your needs now and in the forseeable future?

I fly JR, but, both are a great radio. In the end its the one that will be the best for "you", not what someone else may think. Both are a large investment both in dollars and learning curve.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Ed M.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:57 AM
SEVOOLIG
My Feedback: (94)

well guys thanks so much for all the input i really do appreciate it , obviously, of course it is finally my decision to choose which one i really want to buy. i have been getting a lot of "Jr being the easier one to program" as well so i guess i'll go with the Jr, and there is someone selling one here in rc universe and he's not replying at all.

Thanks again all.

Yes by the way i did sell my Edge 540. it is a great aircraft and aeroworks now is on backorder too!

thanks again though!
Old 12-26-2003, 12:34 PM
BobbyRichardson

You made the right decision. It's a great transmitter.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:54 AM
kstaack
My Feedback: (5)

I don't understand, why people are always afraid to program the 9Z. It is not difficult. You only need to work with it. After a short time you understand this programming.
I guess Futaba has to make a better advertisment.
Bye.