Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X Battery Case

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Fuj
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X Battery Case

Danny,

I would like to replace my stock 10x battery with an upgraded one. Can I buy just the battery case to from Horizon, or do I need to buy the whole thing?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-06-2004, 05:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10X Battery Case

That pack is only available complete, it is part number JRPB965. The only other option, which if there is any warranty on your system could void the warranty, is to just replace the cells in the existing pack.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:59 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Danny,

I've never had a 10X battery apart. I assume the batteries are soldered together ??
Old 01-07-2004, 09:18 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they are welded together, and then the leads solder to the board in the pack.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:48 PM
tadawson

The cells are connected, but they have a pair of wire connecting it to the board in the pack. The internal pack is pretty much a standard 8 cell pack, and what I found worked very well is the Expert 1500 MAH pack. All you need to do it to remove the shrinkwrap (the pack is just a tad too thick to get the 10X battery container together with the shrink on) and solder it in in place of the old one. As a bonus, when I uncovered mine, I found that although it was sold as a 1500, the cells were actually 1650's!
This will cost you a heck of a lot less than another full battery pack, and if you are at all handy with a soldering iron (or know someone who is) it is no more than a 5-10 minute task.

- Tim