Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

dual elevator servos(ds811's) on 8103

Old 01-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Thunderhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual elevator servos(ds811's) on 8103

Ive read the stories on 811's "chattering" and Im paranoid now. I hope mine do not! Anyway I want to alieveate the problem before I start. I need to know how to mix the two elevator servos so I do not have to use a reversing Y connector. I will have to use at least a two foot extension on each servo regardless.
I heard by reducing servo leads as much as possible would help so thats why I want to use two channels for the elevator servos.
It will be for a GP 300 PW for what its worth.
Is there anyone that has the R700 reciver with 811's on a FM system that dont chatter? I wanted the 8103 and when I saw I could get the promo deal for less than the Flex build with 537's I went for it. Now I hope I didnt make a mistake.
Derik
Old 01-16-2004, 04:02 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dual elevator servos(ds811's) on 8103

The "chattering" issues that you are hearing is actually called overshoot oscillation, and the servo is overshooting it's position and then responds, and overshoots again, etc. If you can lightly touch the control surface while this is happening there is not actually any problem with flying the aircraft as flight loads will eliminate it from happening. This can happen on high performance servos from time to time depending on the set up of the aircraft. The 811 is a high performance servo, but it only has a single ball bearing, which means there is a little play in the output gear. Combine this play with any slop in the control system, and the servo may oscillate.

If the servo does not stop with light pressure on the control surface, there is a problem with the servo and it needs to be checked out. Changing extensions etc will only help if there is a problem with the extension that was replaced. It is not an extension issue outside of a few cases.

In flight, the 811 works outstanding! It is very precise and powerful for the price.

You can find information here on programming your 8103 for dual elevators. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...b=support#tabs