Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Mixing question, please help JR X-378

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:37 PM
pete2194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing question, please help JR X-378

Hi Danny

You helped me on a topic regarding ailerons as flaps mixing a while ago, here's what you wrote:

" You have a couple options here. Begin by pressing the down and channel keys together and turning the system on. Scroll with the down key until you get to a screen that says "Wing" on the left center part of the screen. Press the decrese key until the screen says "FLPER". Now press the down and channel keys together twice, and then scroll through with the down key until you get to a screen that says "LEVER". Here you can either inhibit the flap rocker, or change its "effectiveness". If you want the flaps on a switch, press clear until this says OFF 0%. If you would rather have the flap rocker move the ailerons as flaps, either leave it as is if you are getting enough throw, or press the increase key until you get adequate flap throw as needed.

Next if you want the flaps on a switch, scroll through with the down key until you get to a screen that says "LAND". Press the channel key until the screen says LAND FLAP. Now press the increase or decrease keys as needed to get the throw desired, with the flap mix switch in the "LAND" position.

You will plug your ailerons into channels 2 and 6, with channel 2 going to the right hand servo in the wing. There is no such issue with plugging multiple aileron servos into the receiver directly."

Thank you very much for your help on that, it worked perfectly,
I would just like to know how can i still use my individual ailerons, and then when needed probably when i land, say maybe flick a switch and then my ailerons will work like flaps, meaning that I have individual aileron control, and after flicking the switch I have flap control of my ailerons, all on the same stick. I like to use the rocker option for I can precisely adjust the flaps as needed when landing, that is why I chose the flaps on the rocker option, but if the price to pay is to lose my idividual aileron movement, then I would rather put it on a switch like you described above,

My question is simply, is there any way I can use my ailerons as flaps when say landing, and when I’m up in the air, can I use them as ailerons individually.Having both functions on the same stick, and switching from aileron to flaps and vice versa via a switch? if not,

Can I use my rudder stick which is left, (I’m in mode 2) for the flaps, and then ailerons on the right stick as normally it would be. What I have is a 2m Glider, with elevator, no rudder control, I turn the plane with ailerons only, so I have the rudder stick which is not bound to control anything, will I be able to link the flap control to my rudder channel and still have individual aileron control on the right stick as it would normally be?

If the first option I described above will work, can you please explain how I can do this,
If the second option will work can you please explain how. If both will work, I’ll like to use the second option (flaps to rudder channel)

I really appreciate your help Danny, you’ve been great help so far!

Pete
Old 01-16-2004, 05:17 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mixing question, please help JR X-378

I'm not seeing a way to set it up on one stick to have the aileron stick work as ailerons, and then flip a switch and have them only move as flaps. If I think of a way I'll let you know, but I don't see a way right now.

As for having the rudder move it, that can be done, fairly simply. For this, just set up a mix, rudder to flap, if you want it on a switch select the switch desired, then set the rates as needed to get the throw desired.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:03 PM
pete2194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mixing question, please help JR X-378

Hi Danny

I'm glad i can use the rudder channel as flaps for my ailerons, i would like it on
the rocker.
Where should my right and left servo extensions be put in the reciever.
Finally could you please give me the steps in mixing rudder to flap,
Sorry for all these basic questions, i am brand spanking new to this, and will
catch up as time goes by.

I just seem to be overcatious because i am afraid i might accidentally change the wrong function, fly my plane, and then lose it because of a wrong setting, because of me. Will i be able to have normal aileron function on the right stick and then when mixing aileron to rudder, have flap movement of my ailerons on the left rudder stick.
I have changed my wing setting to "normal" , i assume that is the way it was before i changed it to Flpr mode, and entered the lever function, when i changed
the settings as you instructed on aileron as flap mixing.

Thank you for your help Danny!

Pete
Old 01-21-2004, 03:34 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mixing question, please help JR X-<span class=

I'm sorry for the delay.

You will want to leave flaperon on. Plug the right aileron in to channel 2 and the left into channel 6.

To set up that mix for the rudder to flaps, turn the 378 on, press the down and channel keys together, and press the down key until you get to mix 1, or any other open program mix, though I would recommend 1-4 for this mix. Then press the increase or decrease key until the first channel says RUDD. Then press the channel key one time, then press the increase or decrease keys until the second channel says FLAP.

Option 1: If you want to have this mix assigned to a switch so you can turn this function on or off, press the channel key twice, and it should say SW about in the middle of the screen. Press the increase or decrease key to select the switch of your choice. Then press the channel key 4 times, and put the switch that you chose in the position that the funtion will be active.

Option 2: If you do not wish to have this function on a switch and would like it active at all times, press the channel key 1 time.

Move the rudder stick to the left, and enter in the percentage needed using the increase and decrease keys, and then again moving the rudder stick to the right. If the direction is incorrect to your liking, change from a positive percentage to a negative percentage in the mix or vice versa.