Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

How many channels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Villious
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many channels?

Hello there. I'm building a GP Spectra and I'm adding ailerons and flaps. I'm planning on using 4 mini servos mounted in the wing for the ailerons and flaps. Then using two mini servos for rudder/elivator.

How many channels in a radio will I need to support this? Will a 6 channel radio work?

Also, will the 6102 do "crow"?

Thanks so much,

Villious
Old 02-19-2004, 10:40 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How many channels?

You would need to run a Y harness on the flaps to use a 6 channel system. If you want to run it without a Y harness, you would need a 7 channel or above system.

Yes, you can set up crow with the 6102. You will use channels 2 and 6 for the ailerons and channel 5 for the flaps.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Villious
My Feedback: (17)

Thank you for the info Danny. I think I've decided on the X-378 radio. I'm going to order it off the horizon web site and flex-equip it. I would really like to order the 8103 promo, but as soon as you flex equip it, the price goes up to non-promo.

I've been going out of my mind trying to decide what to do about a radio. I really want the 8103, but I don't want to pay that kind of money when the 9x will be out "soon". The 9x is the one I really want, but have no idea how long I'd have to wait. Besides, I will need a radio before the 9x is released. That's why I decided on the 378. It's the bottom of the barrel of what I want, and the lowest priced in case I have to fork out more for the 9x in a couple of months. Maybe I'll go with the 6102 and make do with that until the 9x is released. As long as the 6102 will do crow "and I believe you said it would", I'll be ok until then......

Since I'm going to have 4 servos in the wing, I figured I'd use the 241 sub-micro servos for the flaps and ailerons. For the rudder/elivator I'd use the 241's again or if they are too small, I could go with the 331's. What do you recomend?

Thank you again!

Villious
Old 02-20-2004, 03:07 PM
dsnyder

I'm sorry to say that I don't have experience with that model to give a good recommendation for servo choices. The 6102 will do crow, if you are wanting to set up an extremely complex set up, it is possible the 6102 would fall short, but for simpler set ups the 6102 would work fine. Going to the 378 would gain channel 7 if you need 7 channels, but overall the features that the 6102 are on par with the 378.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:08 PM
dsnyder

I also wanted to add, we don't have a firm date on the new 9 channel, but it is estimated to be available late spring/early summer at last report. Stay tuned!
Old 12-02-2004, 06:02 PM
usmcflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Danny,

Sorry if this is an old, already answered question, but here goes:

Just got a JR6102 - using it for a Hanger 9 Super Cub - it seems that I will have to set the wing type as "flaperon," and use seperate aileron servos. I understand this part. My question is would it be possible to also connect the flaps on seperate channels without a y-harness so that I can reverse one of the servos and have seperate trims and endpoint adjustment for these flaps? Is my only option one of using flaps connected through a y-harness because I am in "flaperon" mode?

Thanks,

Kenny
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 AM
dsnyder

You'll need to Y harness either the flaps or the ailerons, you don't have enough channels to mix both with a 6 channel system. You likely would need to use a reversing Y on the flaps, or you could use a matchbox to allow adjustability in throws etc independantly.