Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10x charging problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 11:57 PM
anema769
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x charging problem

I have the same issue scooter j was asking about. I bought my 10x new in january and have used it perhaps 5 times and have charged it twice, always with a jr wall charger. All of the sudden it will not charge and I am very dissapointed that an $800 supposedly top of the line trans would all of the sudden develop this problem. I am also unsure of what step to take next. I know it is under warranty but now I have to send in my trans and battery to have it fixed and pay all shipping I assume, I would expect this if it were a few years old but barely 2 mo old, come on, is there another way to get a replacement sooner? How long is the turnaround if I send it in? I am already dissapointed with this situation and will realy be p/o'd if I have to be without my trans and out of flying my heli for a month. Any help fixing this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JES
Old 03-13-2004, 12:45 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default RE: 10x charging problem

The $1 fuse just saved your $800 radio and you are disappointed? You should be thankful that the JR engineers had the foresight to design protection for your radio. Fuses are our friends. Your radio has not 'developed a problem'. You probably took a power surge or have a cracked charge plug. If the radio did not have a fuse, you might have found an $800 blob of melted radio.

Just my reasoning as a 10X heli owner...
Bill
Old 03-13-2004, 12:55 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Old 03-14-2004, 12:12 PM
anema769
My Feedback: (1)

ok great, a $1 dollar fuse just saved my trans. Can I fix it??? Probably not. So that still means I have to be without it and unable to fly until it is fixed. I can only assume the problem is in the battery because the trans works fine the battery won't charge doesn't matter if its in the trans or out of it so it has to just be the battery.

Thanks for all the info

JES
Old 03-14-2004, 01:27 PM
tadawson

Can you fix it? Depends whether you can solder or not - the fuse is in the battery itself, and not the radio, you you run just about zero chance of hurting the radio, since you don't have to go into it. If you CAN solder, open up the battery case, and there is a small device, which looks (and is labelled) like a diode on the small circuit board inside. Replace with a 10A microfuse, as per JR specs, and you are good to go! Last time I bought a fuse, it was about $.30 (thats right - 30 CENTS) so this is not a really costly fix . . . If you can't solder, if someone in your club can, perhaps they can help you - sending the whole radio in for just a fuse strikes me as inane . . . .

- Tim
Old 03-14-2004, 06:41 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

I agree with you completely Mr. Dawson. Is it because we have the same last name or because we can both solder?

Bill Dawson
Old 03-14-2004, 08:05 PM
tadawson

Hmmmmm . . . could go either way. Could it be that the name we share makes us predisposed to being technically skilled???? I dunno, but I was into most any and everything since I could figure out which end of a screwdriver to hold, and now will work on just about anything, with the possible exception of surface mount (depends how intricate) and up.

- Tim
Old 03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
schu777
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: tadawson

....Replace with a 10A microfuse, as per JR specs, and you are good to go! ...

- Tim
Where did you get this 10A microfuse at? Where are these JR specs at?

Thansk, Michael
Old 03-29-2004, 11:30 PM
tadawson

Well, there are several large commercial electronics parts houses that I deal with here is the Dallas area (NOT Rat Shack!) so they are pretty easy for me to get. As far as the specs, I replaced mine with what was in it, since they are labelled, but Danny Sullivan (the JR rep to the JR group here on RCU) has also provided information as to what the fuse needs to be.

- Tim