Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Slow Speed Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 10:41 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Slow Speed Flaps

Danny,

I'm using a 10X with my turbine Rafale, which has elevons and an active canard mixed in with the elevons for pitch control.

I use one trim setting for gear up flight, and re-trim for landing with a large nose up canard deflection and a slight nose down elevon deflection. Currently I use the left slider to re-trim.

I would like to use the 3 position flap switch or the gear switch and I was wondering if there was a way of being able to slowly deflect the control surfaces from one command (like deploying flaps slowly over say 3-5sec), while still having fast response to another command (pitch control). Slowly retrimming over 3-5sec would reduce some significant pitch transients that the current high speed step change induces.

I have tried mixing in another channel and using the servo slow function, but neither the include or origin mixing function seems to do what I am after.

Is this even possible on a 10X?

Thanks

Paul
Old 03-29-2004, 10:03 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Slow Speed Flaps

Are you wanting flaps to automatically move with the 3 position switch or do you want these mixed in with another channel, say elevator? If you want them mixed in with elevator, the best you would be able to do would be to use a multi-point mix, and adjust the curve to slow the response down. If you simply want flaps to move without being moved by another channel, there isn't going to be any way to slow the response down in one switch position and not in another.