Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 10:08 AM
Bama
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Problem?

Danny,
I was flying my old Cloud Dancer .60 a few days ago (for the first time in a while) and started having problems. I would be in level flight and it would bank 90 degrees into knifedge. It banked 90 degrees to the right every time. The ailerons were the only surface that was acting up. It continued with the "fits" coming closer and closer together. I finally crashed the plane as the last time it did it I was too close to the ground. I was flying with an 8103 tx and 549 rx. I sent the rx in and they said it was OK. The battery was fully charged, could this have been a servo causing the problem? The servos are 517's. The tx is used on several other planes and I have had no problems so I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
Thanks in advance,
Alan
Old 04-14-2004, 04:22 PM
im_a_rcav8r

Default RE: Servo Problem?

This may or may not be the cause. Radio interference. I say this because one field I fly at, if I use Ch. 58, on final approach from the East, my engine will go wide open, then back to idle 3 or 4 times as I cross the “interference zone”. In your case it could have been a bad servo or loose wire too. It is hard to tell. One thing you can do is to take your plane out to the field and walk around the areas you encountered the interference with your plane in hand. Try it with the transmitter on and off. The interference may be more apparent with the radio off, however some times you can get a 2nd or 3rd harmonic of the frequency your on. With out getting into the theory of RF propagation, That will only be noticed with the transmitter on.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Bama
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks for the ideas. I thought it may be interference also, but it has affected none of the other planes that I fly with the same Tx. That is why I sent the Rx in for a checkup. I figured if it was interference that it would have to be a Rx problem. I just hate not knowing what the problem was. I feel OK reusing the Rx now, but I am kinda worried about the servos. Maybe I should send them in to get checked out too.
Thanks,
Alan
Old 04-15-2004, 09:57 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could have been outside interference or model generated RF. It could have also been a bad servo, extension, switch, etc. I would have the servos checked out just in case, and you may want to send the receiver with them as well so they can be tested as a system, rather than being used with a different system.