Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 783 using flap switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM
BillPTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 783 using flap switch

Danny;
You helped me a year ago to set up radio but had my lithium battery go dead and can not find the piece of paper with all of my plane setups. Or did I remember to write it down? I have the JR 783 radio and the Han9 Supercub using 8 servos(Great Airplane, on second one, lost first to a midair). Y harness the split elevator. Your support team sent me the Program guide for the system. It answers all my questions except the flap setup. I went to the GUI mode so I could use the 3 way flap switch and elev adjustment. DO NOT WANT ANY CROW, FLAP TO AILE, OR FLAPERONS. Want to have the switch up for normal, middle for half Flap, and down for full flap(Also ELEV offset for each.).
I have already set up the mix with AILE and RUD using top right rear switch to turn off and on.
When I set this up I can not turn off the POTS 5,6 and 7. Can not get the screen POT.5 TRIM. I have set up the DUA.F active and POT.6 to SW+T. Nor can I get any elevator offset at the half switch locations. HELP
Bottom line is I want to use simple setup to have a three way flap switch with elevator offset for half and full flaps and aileron to rudder with switch to activate and deactivate rudder. Also aileron diff preferred. Does not matter if I use ACRO or GUI mode. Hope I am not asking too much from my radio.
Thanks for your assistance.
Bill
Old 04-16-2004, 01:25 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 783 using flap switch

To get to the pot inhibit screen, it may say Pot.5, Pot.6, or Pot.7, on the left hand side of the screen. This function in glider mode is between functions MIX SP:A.1 and Program mix A. From program mix A, press the down key one time and you should be there. Press the channel key to select the channel, and the + or - key to change each from TRIM to INH as desired. The system can be set up to have the flaps as you describe, to have the top switch position off, center position half flap, and then down position full flaps. I don't however see a way to have elevator compensation at the center switch position. It can only be assigned to the up and the down switch positions. If you have servo travel to spare, it may be possible to put a small amount of elevator conpensation in the up switch position, then re-center your servo with the switch in the up position. But the value will need to be small, and you need to have servo travel possible, to not run out of elevator servo travel. The only other way is to use the center switch position as the no flaps position.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM
BillPTC

Danny;
Thanks for your quick input.
Flew it this weekend and what a great combination, JR783, Han9 Supercub and G26. Was too nervous to try the flaps after losing wheel on an aborted take off, no damage.
On the flaps I went to the center switch position normal and DN position for flap with mixed ELEV.
I can not get the POT 5, 6, or 7 function up to deactivate. I left POT 6 active on the main menu then on function deactivated POT 7 that came up but it would not bring up 5 or 6. then went back to main and put flaps int SW+T. After many attemps some how I deactivated the three POTS but in the process I messed up the throttle(SPOILER). The end points 1/2 of the stick would not allow T.ADJ to correct overthrow. I finally set up a new Memory for the plane from swatch. The throttle now works correctly, the only problem is POT6 is still active for the FLAPS, could not deactivate it. the other two POTS are turned off some how.
Questions
1. How do I turn off POT 6 because I can not find it on function menu?
Thanks
Bill
Old 04-20-2004, 08:46 AM
BillPTC

Danny;
Second question comes from the problem I had with the SPOIL (Throttle) when I was in GLID mode.
WHen I was at the function mix SPOIL and OFFSETS I must have hit the CLEAR thanking I was clearing not setting it. Then I do not know how to go back to default for this setting. Problem was then when I went to T.Adj for SPOIL I could not set up the end points to stop the over throw of the servo. It was like I had dead space at the end point postions.
Question I quess is two fold.
1. How do I set that one setting back to default?
2. What does offset do in the SPOIL setting?
Thanks Again
Bill
Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 AM
dsnyder

To deactivate pot 6, go to the pot set function between functions MIX SP:A.1 and Program mix A. From program mix A, press the down key one time and you should be there. Press the channel key to select the channel, and the + or - key to change each from TRIM to INH as desired.

Setting the spoiler offset will "offset" the throttle position that will make the function activate. This will change the "kick point" where the functions of the spoiler mixing will activate from the throttle stick. To set it back to default, go to the spoiler function, press the channel key until it says SPOI offset, move the throttle stick to the center, and press CLR. Repeat this by moving the stick in small amounts and press CLR until the value is at 0%.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:08 AM
BillPTC

Danny;
Thank you again for your input and assistance. I finally got POT 6 inactive. Had to go to main MODE and turn off dual flap mixing then go to function menu and POT6 appeared and inactiviated (could not toggle thru to see pot 5 or 7). Then go back to MODE and activiate Dual Flap mix. Around about way but it works.
Thanks for your help
Bill
Old 04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
dsnyder

Very odd that that was needed to accomplish that. I'm glad you were able to get it though. Let us know if you have any further questions.