JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

xp 6102 Throttle to Throttle Mix

Old 04-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Matt Merciez
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default xp 6102 Throttle to Throttle Mix

Danny,

The 6102 manual discusses a throttle to throttle mix but gives very little details on what the purpose of the mix is and how to configure???

Thanks,
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: xp 6102 Throttle to Throttle Mix

I'm not seeing anything in the manual re: a throttle to throttle mix, however it does show a "screen shot" which shows a throttle to throttle mix. This is just the default setting without changing anything of the mix, showing where all the options that can be changed are. What type of mix are you wanting to set up?
Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Matt Merciez
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You are correct in that only a sceen shot is shown for possible throttle to throttle mix.

The problem I was having was with the throttle throw for the servo being greater than the throw for the actual carb. I adjusted the mechanical linkages as much as possible, and then used the end point adjustments to reduce the servo thorw. The High end point adjustment was reduced down to 50%. The unfortunate part was that this did result in recuding the servo thow, but it also resulted in the top 25% of the throttle stick movement being a dead area.

I wanted to use the full stick throw for a reduced servo throw. I ended up playing around with the throttle to throttle mix setting to get a reduced servo throw with the full stick movement. I am still curious to what is actually being done in the transmitter during a throttle to throttle mix.

One other interesting thing I have been unable to figure out is the DSC cable. Was this suppose to be included with the new transmitter? I can't find anything that would look like the DSC cable discussed in the manual.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A throttle to throttle mix will cause either more or less movement, and can be assigned to a switch etc. With higher end systems with multi-point mixes, you can alter the response curve of the throttle with a throttle to throttle mix. In a system such as the 6102, the overall effect of a throttle to throttle mix will operate very similarly to simply adjusting the throttle travel adjust, unless you want to have it adjusted by a switch for different conditions/purposes.

No, that is a misprint in the manual. The 6102 does not come with a DSC cord.