Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8417 vibrates

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 12:51 AM
turbine guy
My Feedback: (266)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8417 vibrates

hi,
I've installed (2) 8417 on the rudders of my Kingcat through a matchbox,950 rX, 5cell batt with 5volt regulator. The left rudder servo will vibrite at such a high rate it's a blur! Seems like its trying to find neutral- If you touch the rudder it stops, tap the rudder again and it will start up again. strange thing is when I put a 4 cell pack on the regulator it stopped the problem. The 4 cell pack puts out more than 5 volts which is still regulated to 5volts anyway.

I've tried the extensions connectors (JR HD)

All equippment is new.

I think it's a defective servo -what do you think?

Jake
Old 04-19-2004, 09:53 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8417 vibrates

Likely it is not a defective servo, if there was something wrong with the servo, it would not stop when you lightly touch it. The 8417 has a very tight deadband which makes it center very hard. If there is any slop in the control set up, servo mounted too rigidly (servo screws too tight, grommets not installed properly, or servo mounting rails too tight against the servo), high voltage, it is possible to see some jittering. If you touch it and it stops, it won't happen in the air as air loads will prevent it from happening. I'm not sure why a 4 cell pack would change anything with regards to the voltage of the system, it shouldn't matter, so I'm not sure why you are seeing that result.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:56 PM
J roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8417 vibrates

I had this same problem using new 8231 digtal on a pull-pull rudder. When I turned plane on it would vibrate violently. I was using a 4 cell pack. I was worried about current drain so I replaced with a non digital coreless. I guess tension, inertia, wieght, etc provided a harmonic match to the servo pulse.